SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:28:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to find Glass Bottled Coke  (Read 8001 times)
SRock

« on: May 01, 2008, 06:20:01 pm »

I'm in Colorado and can only find 8oz coke in bottles.  Does anyone know where to find Coke in bottles that doesn't cost you as much to ship as it does to buy the product?
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 07:17:59 pm »

Go to Sams Club

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:53:02 pm »

Sam's Club usually has Coke in 8 oz. glass bottles for a reasonable case price.  You can also contact the Coca Cola Bottlers Association in Atlanta to see if there are any independently owned Coke bottlers in your area.  Some of the independents are willing to sell directly to the public.  I found an independent Coke bottler in Michigan that still bottles Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite in 10 oz. bottles.  Good Luck!

Hope that helps!

Tim
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:58:10 pm by mznb1u » Logged
Chedki
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:40:12 pm »

Costco has them. At least they did a month ago. I bought a case of 12 oz. bottles. They've brought back good memories of drinking soda pop out of bottles !  smile

By the way, they were Coca Cola bottled in Mexico.

Royal Crown Cola Ideal 55 slider
Nichol Kola Quikold Standard
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 05:42:25 am »

I'm in Colorado and can only find 8oz coke in bottles. 
I am confused...you can or can't find 8oz Coke in bottles? Is it that you are looking for others such as Diet Coke and Sprite?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:45:57 am »

Chedki,

I am wondering what state and city you live in.  I'm in Chicago, Il. and I wrote Costco to see if they could get any mexican Coke in Chicago.  I'm still waiting for a reply.

I saw on this site that Washington state had the 8 oz. mexican Coke.  I would figure that Texas or Arizona might have it, but I didn't think that Washington state would get it.  If they can bring it uo to Washington, they can bring it up to Illinois.

By the way if you ever see that again, could you take a picture or write down the Costco number?

Thanks,

Larry

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:45:49 am »

I have the 12 oz Mexican Cokes at my local grocery store in the Mexican Foods Isle. I think the are charging 99 cents for them, or something.. havent' bought any as I"m a Dt Coke guy.
Gotta watch that figure ya know!!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SRock

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 09:23:28 am »

Thanks for the ideas guys!  I'll let you know what I find.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 10:42:58 am »

We have the 12 oz Mexican cokes at all our grocery stores/Wal Mart/convenience stores.....but then again we are just across the bridge from Mexico!   tounge  We used to get them for .99 each, but they have gone up to 1.29 a piece!  I'll just drive across the bridge and pay much less for them!  Besides, there is much more variety (Coke Light, Sprite, etc.).

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 12:26:19 pm »

Larry,
They are 12oz at Costco in WA. The Costco number is 179571, description "Coca Cola of Mexico made with pure cane sugar".

Creighton

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:06 pm »

Thanks Creighton,

I sent Costco a letter asking if they would ever send any to Chicago, and they said "Your product suggestion has been forwarded to our buying office for their review.  We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us."  That was in early April.  I told them that I would buy ten cases.

I'll give it until the 16th, that's a month, then I'll write them again.

Larry

A lot of stuff.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 01:14:09 pm »

Don't know how far out of Chicago you have to go to reach farm country,  but I found Mexician Coke and Pepsi years before I ever got hooked on pop machines in party stores  with migrating or permanent mexican neighborhoods. 20 minutes north of me is orchard country,  which relies heavily on migrant farm workers

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 11:17:02 am »

I have been purchasing the 8 oz Coke bottles for many years. I use them in
just one of several machines I keep on display for sale. It's amazing how much
more interest is generated when a customer is allowed to operate an antique
machine, and is rewarded with a small ice cold bottle of pop.  drinking

That being said, I was shocked the last time I bought a case, the price had
jumped to over $20.00 not including the deposit for those 24 bottles. As suggested
here earlier, I picked up a couple of cases 6 1/2 ounce glass bottles, took them
home and soaked each of them in boiling soapy water, scrubbing them inside until
all that 40 year old syrup was gone.

Purchased 144 count bags of plain silver bottle caps from a brewery supplier
at about $6.00 per bag. Bought Coca Cola classic 2 liter plastic bottles for 99 cents
each (almost the same price as one 8oz glass bottle). Using a small plastic funnel
and a capper, each 2 liter bottle produced 10 of the 6 oz bottles.

So now that it cost 10 cents for each soda and 4 cents for the cap, a case
of pop is less than $3.50.  happydrinkers

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 11:29:28 am »

That makes a lot of sense Glen. Why pay lots of money for something you can get for a quarter of the price and it is the same thing. What a good idea. Show the customers what they are buying. It is one thing to look at a cool Coke machine but it is so much more appealing to actually get an ice cold Coke out of one.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 06:49:52 am »

Just to echo Josh, that is a wonderful idea! Great display of attention to detail and going that extra distance to impress the customer. I wish more customer service oriented businesses took that kind of care of their patrons!

Brian
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 08:42:05 am »

over the last few months I've been doing the same,, i was desperatly searching for clear glass bottles, found a few, but then realized I could reuse my 6 oz glass that i had.. It's awesome, the kids like it, and I keep on running in my garage to demo it for any customers I get as well.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
SRock

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 12:47:34 pm »

Thanks for everyone's suggestions on where to find coke in glass bottles! 

I found Coke in 12 OZ Glass bottles at Costco in Denver, CO.  Price per 24 bottle case was $18 before tax or about 0.75 each.  The coke was bottled in Mexico.  Costco had a whole pallet rack full of them, it was everything I could do not to buy more than one case!

I can't recall how long it's been since I had a Coke in a glass bottle, but I sure enjoyed a few of them over the last couple of days.

Thanks again for the suggestions!   drinking
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: