SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:56:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to put it?  (Read 14494 times)
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 07:57:39 pm »

I searched and searched and only found the reference from "glassbottlesrule"...
What I found is a switch would be mounted in a fashion to allow the coin return level to activate the momentary switch for a free vend.

The switch would still be wired according to JohnieG's directions at: Free Play Switch: Once Again

My six cents,

Jim

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 11:05:07 pm »

Quote (Jim @ Aug. 03 2005,8:57)
What I found is a switch would be mounted in a fashion to allow the coin return level to activate the momentary switch for a free vend.

Did that one include a picture?  If so, do you have the link?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2005, 07:17:59 am »

Here's a couple pictures of how I do it.  the only problem is you have to hack a coin mech up pretty darn bad to do it.  I completelytake of the slug rejector lever with my dremal.  I mount a momentary switch on the mech itself positioned so the coin reject lever of the machine will hit it when depressed.  I use my multi-meter to find the wires on the jones plug and wire it up.  The pull switch on the side is wired up to the correct change only light.  I've done it the other ways be could not stand the look of the wires sticking out of the jones plug socket.  Even though you have to scrap a junk mech this way,  I like how clean it looks in a machine.
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2005, 07:19:37 am »

Here's another pic beings as I cannot figure out how to put more then 1 pic in a reply
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2005, 08:42:34 am »

I like those ideas and actually have an extra coin mech laying around.  I also like the key switch and just picked one up last night off of ebay.  This is going into work and with their vendor contracts they told me that I could not accept coins.  

Here is the plan.  I have removed the coin entry and coinmech and will place the key switch and free vend button in sheet metal over where the coin entry was.  I like the fact that this is not putting holes in the machine and when it gets back home I will be able to change the locations.  I may go with the switch in the coin mech though as I already have an extra laying around.

Thanks for the pics Johnnie and GlassBottle.
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 09:30:13 am »

spider: sounds interesting, make sure you give us pics!

glassbottlesrule: neat idea.  I guess that's one good think about the plastic coin mechs!  Also, you can only attach  one picture per post.  The way that people put more than one picture in a post is when they use the "Image" button to insert  the pictures.  When you use this method, you have to have the pictures on the web (have a web address, like http://soda-machines.com/iB_html/uploads/post-13-57879-IMG_0095.JPG ).

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 12:56:29 pm »

Nice, I like it. glassbottlesrule

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 01:09:30 pm »

Thanks,  I have never bothered to register for any sort of image-hosting account,  can anyone recommend one?
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 01:24:23 pm »

What is the pull switch on the side for?  Is it for the lights?
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 02:41:15 pm »

Quote (glassbottlesrule @ Aug. 04 2005,2:09)
Thanks,  I have never bothered to register for any sort of image-hosting account,  can anyone recommend one?

Usually your Internet Service Provider gives you (free) space.  I throw things on one of my Comcast accounts (they offer so much space per email account).  It's actually pretty easy.  Who do you get your Internet service from?

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: