SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:34:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who repairs soda fountain draft arms??  (Read 14506 times)
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 10:53:39 pm »

Thanks for the input guys. Sorry for taking so long to respond but I wanted to see if I could handle this issue with the business owner before I posted again. After corresponding with Phil Schy of American Soda Fountain in Chicago I have gotten no where. He refuses to give a refund even after looking at the pictures I took of the cobwebs inside the gaskets they "replaced". He keeps stating "send it back if your unhappy". I explained this is the second bad experience I had with his company and I would not be taking the chance sending them to him again. He has given no apology for overlooking or just straight out not doing the job he explained they would do. I should have known something was fishy when the billing person from American Soda Fountain Co called to tell me the rebuild would cost 375.00 and they only accepted bank checks or money orders. I asked why is that and she explained "because we're sick of not getting paid". I think to myself now, I can see why. So with that being said I warn all of you to avoid being scammed by American Soda Fountain Co of Chicago. Phil is a very helpful smooth talker and tells you everything you want to hear in the beginning and in the end doesn't do the job and scams you out of your money.  veryangry
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:55:25 pm by sc1101 » Logged

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2014, 10:02:36 am »

Sorry this happened to you.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2014, 09:28:47 pm »

Thanks. All I can do at this point is warn others. I have posted 4 bad reviews online and emailed him copies of all of them. I plan to do tons more because I figure this is one easy way to cost him business and stop others from being scammed.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2014, 10:13:12 pm »

Shame... He should of reimbursed... after seeing the images and seeing nothing was done.... guess he doesn't do any of the work himself or over see the work done...
What kind of shop are they running?... Maybe with your reviews he'll reconsider... good luck and thanks for posting and giving us a heads up.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 10:39:54 pm »

Still no refund from the crooks at American Soda Fountain in Chicago. I am relentless and want to tell you all again to avoid doing business with these people. Phil Schy is a thief! Took my money and did nothing to these draft arms.
I just posted this video for the world to see. Please spread the word to avoid them!!!  veryangry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7J_NNzVttI

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar