SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:38:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is going to chicago  (Read 8916 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2014, 02:25:31 pm »

Well I'll be in Chicago, but I'm not going to St. Charles this year. 

Tomorrow night I will be going to Jasper Sanfilippo's house with the C.O.C.A. (Coin Op collector Assoc) to take the dinner tour.  I'm looking forward to seeing this mans incredible collection.  I'm taking the wife.  I'm not sure if she will enjoy it.  I always wanted to see his arcade games and play a Mills Violino Virtuoso.  Things I will never be able to afford.

Here's some information on his house.  The WTTW video is pretty cool.

http://www.sanfilippofoundation.org/

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 01:39:17 pm »

SO Larry,

What did you think of the Jasper Collection.... I was there about 10-12 years ago with that group and it was amazing..

the photos on the website don't even begin to TOUCH the magnitude of this collection...

if you took any photos I'd love to see them , to relive it again..

I know at one time they sold a book, but have never found one?

I know Rod and Janet went as well, would like to hear their input as well..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

Totally amazing. Words can't describe it. I tried to post a few pictures. You need to ask Curtis to post some pictures. He had his camera out the whole time. I once went looking for a fire extinguisher to put his camera out. It was getting so hot I think it was ready to catch on fire.  laugh

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 08:41:03 pm »

My pictures were pretty blurry.  Nothing good.

I did see Curtis at Jaspers, introduced myself and said hello,  but I didn't see Rod or Janet.  I enjoyed the collection but if I had the room and the money, I would not own 75% of the stuff.  I am not into most of it.  However he did have some very nice arcade games that I drooled over.  Most were not on and a few of the ones I wanted to play were broken.  There were mainly slots to play and a lot of multi scopes and clam shells.  I did enjoy playing the Paces Races, that's my favorite.  The Rockola pinballs were nice.  He had a broken World Series and a Jig Saw.  Both were restored by Mike.  He does great work.

I did see one of those dead birds in a cage and asked one of the workers if he could turn it on so I could show my wife.  Those are cool.  I didn't know that the preservatives used for the feathers and flesh was cyanide.  Tons of Victrolas and player pianos.  I did like the violin player with the multiple violins rotating while playing.  I saw five or more Mills Virtuosos but I couldn't play them or see one work.  That was the main reason I wanted to go.  He also had a few Mills Dewey slots that would have been sweet to play.  I probably wouldn't go again.

I do have to say that Jasper and his wife threw a great party.  I was surprised to see them in the food line next to me when it was time to eat.  I thought they would have had someone bring them a plate.  Nice people.

One last note....the cakes custard was awesome.  I hardly eat cake.  
Two pieces later...I wanted more.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:50:12 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 08:43:27 pm »

More pics,.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:47:44 pm by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 08:48:39 pm »

He's also into steam engines and power plants.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: