SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:02:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca-Cola themed gumball machines on ebay.....?  (Read 5868 times)
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 03:30:34 pm »

I met a couple of wannabe pickers who throw their stuff on ebay and then shill bid it up.  most of the time they wind up buying their own stuff because they do a no reserve auction.  I would love to turn them in but I feel like it would go nowhere so I decided to not even bother.  Does anyone know why they would risk buying their own stuff repeatedly, seems to me they would pay the ebay fees repeatedly for the same item until they got lucky and someone fell for it and bid
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 04:48:08 pm »

I met a couple of wannabe pickers who throw their stuff on ebay and then shill bid it up.  most of the time they wind up buying their own stuff because they do a no reserve auction.  I would love to turn them in but I feel like it would go nowhere so I decided to not even bother.  Does anyone know why they would risk buying their own stuff repeatedly, seems to me they would pay the ebay fees repeatedly for the same item until they got lucky and someone fell for it and bid

You can agree with the buyer to cancel the auction after the auction ends..... No fees. Its really easy to agree to cancel the auction when you are the buyer and under a second name like your wife or you have your buddy tossing in protection bids. I have a buddy that got caught bidding with a second account in his own name and got suspended for a bit but it was no big deal and he was right back on.

Think if it this way, a real auction doesn't get into the middle of bidding and run out of time while people are bidding. the give last call and if a bid goes in everyone gets another chance to bid so you can't time a bid. So it is just a way to make sure you get full value of what someone wants to pay without paying a reserve fee which is a total useless fee anyway. Also, people won't bid against a reserve, but they will bid against another ebayer all day long.

Tim
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 10:06:11 pm »

Well dang....I was ready to get rich.....LOL

Brian
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 11:38:59 am »

" Also, people won't bid against a reserve, but they will bid against another ebayer all day long." 

Such a true statement. I know that I never even bother placing a bid on a reserve item.
     A live auction house has reserve options too, but they take bids until they get the price as high as possible, then they inform the bidder if his price didn't meet the reserve.

Glen
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: