SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:50:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca-Cola themed gumball machines on ebay.....?  (Read 5869 times)
wee
10 Cent Member

« on: December 09, 2012, 05:36:03 pm »

I see these with fresh paint and a few stickers going for well over $100 all the time.....?  Are these auctions for real....?  If so looks like easy money to be made to me.

Brian
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:00:55 pm »

thers is an ass for every seat, it only takes one dumb ebay buyer
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 06:48:18 pm »

I find the final bids incredulous.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 07:33:41 pm »

thers is an ass for every seat, it only takes one dumb ebay buyer

only takes one is right, when you are bidding against the house! That is the only way those sell for that much. Paint one up and put it out there and you will see!

Tim
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:31:50 pm »

I have never understood these auctions either. I sold 4 nice restored Acorn Gumball Machines, 2 black and 2 blue. They were blanks, no theme just the Acorn price decal on the glass globe and I couldn't give those things away. I relisted them a few times on e-bay lowering the price each time and had to end up having to ship them overseas just to get rid of them. I think I got around $125 for each PAIR. Thinking about it now I should have just kept the damn things.  darn

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:31:45 pm »

some of those bids have to be a sham don't they ? I can not believe that many people buy those.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 11:18:03 pm »

I did two, one Pepsi and one Dr. Pepper.  If I set up to sell at a flea market or a show I always bring these.  Almost every person that comes to my table loves them and asks about them.  A lot of people ask if they are real, I feel like saying yeah, they dispensed soda from a gumball machine
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 07:20:58 am »

I did two, one Pepsi and one Dr. Pepper.  If I set up to sell at a flea market or a show I always bring these.  Almost every person that comes to my table loves them and asks about them.  A lot of people ask if they are real, I feel like saying yeah, they dispensed soda from a gumball machine

How much do they sell for from your table?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 09:15:48 am »

I dont really want to sell them so it is usually a bad combination...a seller that likes them and buyers who want things for free.  I generally use them as a conversation piece and to bring people over.  Last time I set up I was telling people $150 which is pretty good if you compared it to ebay, I even told one guy both for $275.

Part of that price is the time involved, I took these apart, stripped them down, repainted and then applied the decals.  It takes several days and probably something like 4-5 hours of total work involved.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 11:18:21 am »

some of those bids have to be a sham don't they ? I can not believe that many people buy those.

Those always get listed at night and when I glance at them in the morning they all have multiple bids, like a whole flock of people just waiting for the bidding to begin.
Real buyers don't throw their bids in until near the end.
It's shill bidding, the sellers keep listing the same item week after week and their buddies keep winning those same items from them.

Glen
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: