SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 08:16:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Delf Has Landed !!  (Read 11325 times)
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2012, 04:24:20 am »

Leonard, your machine looks awesome!  Great rare addition to the collection.

Pat, awesome job, as always!  Bet it will be a GOOD while before you do another one of those!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2012, 10:32:18 am »

Hauled many machines in our Escape. Cut a tennis ball to cover the lower center rear door latch post.
6" cardboard tube to roll machines over and in to the cargo space.

Creighton--the tennis ball is a great idea.  I hauled many machines in my wife's mini-van and my old Dodge Magnum and hope to haul a few more in my new Dodge Journey.  I usually just pad the latch post with a stadium blanket folder over a few times.  The Magnum and Journey have a storage area below the rear floor.  I keep a 3 foot long piece of 2.5" PVC, work gloves and a couple stadium blankets in there so I am always ready to pick up a machine.  That PVC makes single handed loading a breeze!

You do have to be careful though because of the no tie down issue.  A few years back after I picked up my Canada Dry VMC 110 (sold to bonovox), some idiot cut me off and I had to jam on the brakes.  That machine almost visited me in the front seat. oops

That would have been an interesting news story:  Killed by a vintage vending machine while driving down the road!  "We'll miss Tim", said members of the Michigan SMC Mafia, "but thank God that machine came through the wreck in one piece.  Restored that thing is worth $5 maybe $6 thousand!"  biggrin Cool laugh

You guys wouldn't do that would you?

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »

Wow Tim, I never knew the 110 almost embossed ya!  Im off to Vegas for my 40th, and I hope to break the bank there and get the 110 moving with the restoration.  Looking more and more like it's gonna be a Orange Crush 110. 

And yeah, the tubing idea that Tim just mentioned above, works GREAT, he had that machine loaded in my trailer with EASE!!!
I usually lay blankets down and give a good push on the machine, but my back pays for that move the next day!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2012, 06:06:50 pm »

You do have to be careful though because of the no tie down issue.  A few years back after I picked up my Canada Dry VMC 110 (sold to bonovox), some idiot cut me off and I had to jam on the brakes.  That machine almost visited me in the front seat. oops

That would have been an interesting news story:  Killed by a vintage vending machine while driving down the road!  "We'll miss Tim", said members of the Michigan SMC Mafia, "but thank God that machine came through the wreck in one piece.  Restored that thing is worth $5 maybe $6 thousand!"  biggrin Cool laugh

You guys wouldn't do that would you?

drinking Tim drinking

No Tim we wouldn't say that. We would mention a restored V110 goes for $2000

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 09:22:13 pm »

Tim,

"That would have been an interesting news story:  Killed by a vintage vending machine while driving down the road!  "We'll miss Tim", said members of the Michigan SMC Mafia, "but thank God that machine came through the wreck in one piece.  Restored that thing is worth $5 maybe $6 thousand!"  biggrin Cool laugh"

Hey... it could have been a V83..how embarrassing would have that been?

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: