SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 04:58:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How easy are the older machines to move?  (Read 7235 times)
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 03:57:21 pm »

I thought I'd go ahead and make an update while I'm in here.  As of today, the machine is almost ready for paint.  The entire machine is down to bare metal and I have begun to repair the dents.  It's easy to see that this machine came from texas...  All across the bottom of the door there are marks from being kicked with cowboy boots.  

I have already gotten the paint matched up (there was an area of perfectly preserved paint under the tin sign) and am looking forward to applying it.  Anyone with experience in using automotive paints please email me at (lonestaraggie@hotmail.com)!  I'm a bit nervous about mixing the stuff with reducers and the like.  I'm used to spraying industrial paints and thinning the paint with paint thinners, but reducers are a whole new ball game.

I still have not come up with a lock for the machine, but I found out that the main door latches on the early selectivends were operated with an allen wrench.  The lock cylendar was used just as a plug to block access to the hole the allen wrench fits into... functional but odd.  If anyone has an extra lock "plug" please let me know, mine is missing.  The folks at the soda jerk works are in the process of coming up with a similar replica but I would prefer original if I can find one.

Before I realized that what I have is actually a S96, I was able to find a vintage S48 selectivend enameled "builders plate" for the door.  If anyone has a S96 builders plate and wants to trade, let me know.

Have a great day!

A J

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: