SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 07:37:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo? Ice Cream Vending Machine  (Read 7781 times)
COREY
5 Cent Member

« on: April 09, 2008, 12:29:34 am »

Does anyone know the value or history of this machine? Is it worth much? It is complete and working.
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:06:11 am »

Corey,

The model number of the Vendo Ice Cream Machine pictured is 210D. I don't have a hard production date for it but I would be willing to guess that it was produced in the early 60's. These machines were typically found in factories, cafeterias and similiar places.

I happen to have one as well! except the body is two-tone blue. Light blue on the front with dark blue on the back. I have the metal bolt on sign as well with the added option of the light up sign that goes on the front. Unfortunately, the actual plexiglass portion of my sign with the really cool graphics was lost/stolen/destroyed in an attempt at reproducing it by somebody that I trusted.

I paid $600 for mine about 3 years ago and didn't feel that it was a bad deal. The coin entry bezel alone is worth at least $100 in good condition. It's a big machine weighing in at around 400 lbs but I just love how it looks!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:15:04 am by BrianB » Logged

Brian
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 05:09:45 am »

You never got that sign back?Huh?Huh?    veryangry
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:19:35 am »

Nope. I haven't had the time in the past year to push it any further and the other party seems not to mind. He did however agree that if I took the artwork to a sign shop and got a quote that he would pay for it. That was nice of him.

Eric did an excellent job reproducing the artwork (Thanks Eric!) and as busy as I have been, I haven't had a chance to take it anybody for reproduction. New house and a newborn! I should have some free time here soon to pursue this matter a bit further. It will be nice to get it taken care of, finally!!

Brian
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:08:19 am »

These things are beast !!! If anyone wants addtional pictures, LMK i have Brain's machine at my office.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:24:28 am »

Matt

do you actually use it to vend ice cream or is it for show...

Dave
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:23:50 am »

I would love to -- But it is just for show.

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 08:53:31 am »

I could've bought two from Vintage Vending for around $100.00 each, but the shipping made it not worth it. darn  They were on Ebay TWICE when VV was getting rid of their stock.

I would love one of those and it wouldn't just be for show.  Actually, I would like to get a certain ice cream machine that was made in Addison Il, but I forgot the name.  Vendo was my second choice.  I'll dig up a picture tomorrow or tonight.

A lot of stuff.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 12:11:35 pm »

For $100.00 I would have loaded it on my bad back and swam with it across the Atlantic...

Dave
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 04:12:39 pm »

Here's an Ice Cream machine that I'm looking for.  If anyone has one and wants to get rid of it, I'm your man.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 04:15:54 pm by mills 400c » Logged

A lot of stuff.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 08:44:48 am »

Just trying out image sizing advice from Jims post.  Still interested in this ice cream machine.

A lot of stuff.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 09:41:29 am »

Larry,

To compare apples to apples, you should take an image, resize it your old way remembering the image dimensions... Then take the original again, resize per my suggestion(s) attempting to keep the dimensions the same as the old way and then compare files sizes...

My six cents,

Jim

Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 01:36:19 pm »

I'm happy with this new bunch of apples.  Mainly the resolution is the key.  I use to keep the pictures at 300 DPI.  I didn't know that 27 was all you needed.  It's nicer this way because you can click on the picture and get a larger image to look at.  Thanks for the tip on the dpi from your image size post!! biggrin  I feel much cooler now. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

A lot of stuff.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 04:39:32 pm »

Glad I could help ! ! !
   happydrinkers

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print