SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 04:01:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner 180 pull knob stuck  (Read 17065 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« on: February 06, 2016, 12:16:39 pm »

I have a Stone 180 with a mint wheel that I had the outside restored, but the inside left as is.  It has been working pretty good for the past several months until yesterday.  My son went to select a piece of candy and pulled the pull knob, but nothing came out and now the knob is stuck out or should I say won't go back in.  Now because of this nothing vends on any of the selections.  Before I go digging through the manual I thought I would ask if anyone has run into this before and if so what the fix is?  Any thoughts would be appreciated.   Will attach some pictures shortly.   Thanks, Nick
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 12:17:10 pm »

Picture 1:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 12:17:49 pm »

Picture #2:
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:06:46 pm »

There are springs behind each pull knob.  Make sure your spring isn't struck or completely stretched out not allowing enough tension to recoil back!
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 01:23:25 pm »

Thanks Slapshot.  I will take a look and also look at the manual.  Do you know by chance if you have to remove the entire vending stack to get to this?
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 01:25:21 pm »

You can see it from just simply looking behind the serving tray.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 07:03:40 pm »

This could be several things...
Did you open the cabinet door and take a closer look...?

My six cents,

Jim

ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 07:12:49 pm »

I think the mechanism is jammed. Won't go back in until it has cycled all the way out. No product delivery says that the candy ( or ?) may be jammed into the slide bar. I agree, open the door and take a look. Remove the remaining product from that slot and see what's happened. You won't have to remove the mech for that and it may then be easy to spot.
This isn't the first time this has happened and we used to have to replace knobs because some brute started kicking the handle when he didn't get his candy.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 09:12:30 pm »

I have taken a look inside, but not a close one.  I will do that though and even remove all the product and see what happens.  Who knew I needed to be a vending serviceman.....  laugh  I appreciate all the responses. 
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 12:06:32 pm »

I did a little closer look inside and it appears the price bar assembly is locked for that slection (not sure this term is 100% correct).  Pictures coming shortly, but it appears locked on the metal post that is part of the knob assembly and it won't budge.   When I drop a nickel in the coin mech it either drops all the way through or doesn't drop at all, but no selections work.   I have moved all the product and so there does not appear to be anything jammed.   Any thoughts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: