SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 07:55:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Needed on 1950's Candyette Machine - Original or Reproduction?  (Read 8779 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« on: December 29, 2015, 08:08:13 pm »

Does anyone know if this machine was ever made as a reproduction? I sold this as a outside of eBay deal, $300, shipped. Buyer is telling me that it is not real, was made as a wall piece. If that is indeed true then I have no problem giving a full refund, I told him the same. Doing a internet search I can't find it as a reproduction.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 08:47:18 pm »

Looks almost identical to the Handy Candy vendors that I found NOS this past year.  http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,19873.10.html

They came in the original boxes from 1948 and looked just about as perfect as that one does inside.  They are wall mount units as well, same coin vending as well, where it uses the coin to push the product out the back of the box.

HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 08:52:59 pm »

Here is one Roger @ crow river sold.

http://www.crowriver.com/machines/candyette.htm

Far as I know, they didn't reproduce these. I would politely ask him where he got the info that it's a repro after he bought it.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 09:25:07 pm by HowDueYouDue » Logged

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 09:10:51 pm »

Buyers just wants out in my opinion.  Offer the refund and move on...

Great piece seen a few of the on eBay they always sell quick!

cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 09:59:49 pm »

Seems to me it would be very expensive to reproduce a working machine of that quality that would be worth the effort.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 01:04:12 am »

Real deal there. Have the buyer send it back and call it a day.
Creighton
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 01:38:15 am »

Rest of story......

In tracking the machine via UPS he received it Christmas Eve day. He sent me a message through eBay at 430AM California time. He is in Florida so 730AM his time. He then sends me a direct e-mail at 600AM my time, then another e-mail at 730 my time asking if I have received his e-mails. I told him yes, all 3 but it being only 730AM my time CHRISTMAS MORNING I had just woken up. I told him I wasn't going to deal with it on the holiday but I would look into it being a reproduction over the weekend and I would get back to him on Monday. I told him nothing could happen over the weekend anyways as for him mailing it back. He wanted to ship it back with a full refund because he is claiming it is fake. I told him then let's not make a big deal over this. I said I sell very high end stuff and $300 was not worth feuding over. If it is indeed fake then no problem on a full refund.   

Having 3 days off my Monday was slammed. I did look around and couldn't find anywhere that it was reproduced. He e-mailed me Tuesday saying he was ready to ship it back and wanted the refund once I received it. I told him, I'm not saying I'm not giving you a refund but I can't find any evidence that it is indeed a reproduction. So then I get the e-mail from Paypal that he opened a claim.

Part of me wants to just refund the $300 and part of me is a little irritated because first bringing this up on Christmas and then filing the Paypal claim, and now me not thinking it is a reproduction. Another fear I have is him needing a part off this machine to complete his. Who knows......

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 02:51:25 am »

You are dealing with the World Wide Web people just don't care what day it is unfortunately ...

Take the high road refund and move on ..

Sorry for your loss tough deal!

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 07:51:13 am »

I can't see how he could possibly think its a reproduction. As already said its completely original. These machines are fairly common so if you do need to compare yours to others there will be lots of pictures out there on the net.

Its whether you can be bothered to argue with him. eBay never support the seller so you'll probably come off worse at the end of it all.

My Handy Candy (same as this) is proudly displayed in my little room.

Dave
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 10:46:58 am »

It's definitely an original.  What kind of key came with it?  Those machines had that key with a channel cut out of the middle of the key on both sides and the tip was forked like a snakes  tounge.  They don't make the Bell style lock and keys anymore that I know of.  Nice original.  Nicer than mine.  If I didn't have one already, I would have paid three for it in that condition.  Chuckles vend well in them.

Either have him show you evidence that it is a repro, or get your machine back and make sure it isn't damaged before refunding.

A lot of stuff.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: