SMC Discussion Areas
May 04, 2024, 03:41:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Donor Deck Help  (Read 2493 times)
tideluva

« on: December 20, 2010, 05:33:04 pm »

I have a Cavalier CSS-96F that I am trying to get into working order.  The old cooling unit runs but does not get cold (there is a green liquid on the bottom of some of the copper tubing so I assume there is a leak).  I was able to get a cooling unit from a Vendo to go into the Cavalier.  The only problem is the copper tubing is about 3 inches too long (from front to back).  Here are my questions:
1.  Is it better to get the old unit repaired?  Keep in mind this says it is charged with R12.
2.  Can I bend the copper tubing on the Vendo cooling unit?  If so, how much pressure can I expect to exert on it?  Usually with me I know how much pressure to use by breaking something and realizing that was just a bit too much.
3.  Any other suggestions?
I really don't care about authenticity since this is a recreational item for personal use only.  I just want it to work.  Thank you all for any help you can offer.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 05:38:41 pm »

Bend the line in a large radius so as not to kink the copper tube.

Glen
briandr1
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:28:55 pm »

You can use a pulley to bend the radius in the copper line that way it exerts even pressure on the line and the tubing fits nicely in the pulley. I would get some one to help you so you dont risk kinking the line. I would attach the pulley to a stank on some kind so you wouldnt have to hold it. free float it like tack weld a steel rod in the center of the pulley then you could clamp it in a vice. maybee that will help you.

selectivend 64 sa
2 cavalier 96
1975 bally hi deal em pinball machine
1920 wate and fate penny  scale
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: