SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 10:50:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola Vending Machine Value????  (Read 52210 times)
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2013, 10:59:49 am »

I certainly didn't like to hear that I overpaid for an unrestored Vendo 39 when I first got on here. But I appreciated the advice and education for further purchases. I can honestly say being on this site has saved me thousands.

I'd never knock anyone for overpaying for a machine if its what they really wanted and they had the means. I think that has been made crystal clear by most members on here. Unfortunately this guy was hoping to get a pat on the back and for us to fall all over ourselves and tell him how awesome his machine was. Dont think he was truly looking for any real advice.

You'll NEVER get your money back bro. NEVER. It happens. Suck it up. Keep it on CL and eventually you will get $1200 for it (which is still too much). Just plan on waiting 6-9 months and having to deal with a ton of "low-ballers"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:24:11 am by Kaleid20 » Logged

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2013, 11:03:07 am »

old soda machine collecting can be  a great hobby when you are not constantly focusing on the financial aspects.

Professional or hobbyist, we all feel the pride of taking a rusty old machine and making it look new again.  drinking

Glen
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2013, 01:39:08 pm »

Well spoken MoonDawg!!!!

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2013, 02:14:12 pm »

Maybe it's time to consider splitting the board into 2 groups.  I am getting a little frustrated offering free advise to people who only are interested in the financial  aspect of this hobby. Just a little reminder, old soda machine collecting can be  a great hobby when you are not constantly focusing on the financial aspects.

There is a fine line between "are not constantly focusing on the financial aspects" and completely ignoring that they can sell to the right person at the right time for 3-4 times the $400 that everyone is throwing out. Talk about kicking a newby square in the teeth then asking what his problem is. A gallon of red paint can cost more then $400!! A lot of things that get restored will never be worth all the money put into them.

Yes, machines can be bought for less then some people pay, but yes, there is a market above the rock bottom prices that are thrown out here because a machine is low on the "collectors" scale. Some people want decoration, and most machines NEVER GET PLUGGED IN!!!!! Want proof of that, how many machines do each of us have that are not plugged in at the moment, and have pulled them out of places that they are not plugged in.

Value, is about how much is something is worth, not how much would someone pay who hates that model!! If you ever ask an appraiser how much something is worth, its not an offer to buy, its a calculation based on the actual SALE prices. That never means its an EASY sale, and usually answered with... "To the right person..." 

I agree with the splitting of SMC but I would suggest something that would reflect those that remember easily buying machines for the prices that people here value them at, and those of us that never had the chance and think they are valued at what they have actually been selling for in the last couple of years!!!!

My dad bought an ice cream cone the other day and was complaining to me that it was $2.37 and I just laughed. The difference is, I don't ever making that as an hourly wage like he does so it meant nothing to me.

Tim
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2013, 02:52:24 pm »

I think we have to be a little careful here because this could all explode.

The chap came on asking for a valuation. I think he got it from all sides. He got the collectors viewpoint as well as some
sound advice about how he could make the most of what he has.

I agree that $400 is a low figure for a machine. But his own valuation of $5000 plus is way overboard. Just do a search on eBay
and this will give you a ballpark.

At the end of the day price is all about how much the buyer wants it or how much the seller needs to get rid of it.

I belong to forums where valuation of items is closely guarded and only shared among st the chosen ones. I'm glad we can
all share our experiences here.

The chap that popped up is not a collector. He is no great miss. He doesn't want to join the community he just wanted to pick your brains.

Maybe it should be the case that if someone does fly by asking for a price and they are too lazy to trawl through the archive or do searches on the
internet themselves we should think about a generic reply. That way we don't end up going over old ground all the time.

Dave
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2013, 03:53:42 pm »

I think we are getting our chains yanked by this guy.  darn    At first the machine appears to have been (redone) and later defends the value because of what was paid for the machine and the cost of restoration. It was sold on Ebay then sold on the side. listed as a 81??? on CL. Really??? This just doesn't add up. Maybe we should take this thread down.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2013, 04:00:49 pm »

I think we are getting our chains yanked by this guy.  darn    At first the machine appears to have been (redone) and later defends the value because of what was paid for the machine and the cost of restoration. It was sold on Ebay then sold on the side. listed as a 81??? on CL. Really??? This just doesn't add up. Maybe we should take this thread down.

Not too mention $3500 for the restoration work? BS. Look at the compressor..looks like it was just spray painted black with matte finish without removing it. Then, the pinstriping doesnt get done? Not buying any of this.

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2013, 04:15:09 pm »

Here's the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EARLY-1950S-COCA-COLA-COKE-MACHINE-/230969266351?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35c6d750af

Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »

I am amused by it all. I guess it's because i am a low baller.   I am ready to start telling trolls to Google when they ask about rarity or  price. 

If you ask my opinion. I will give it.  If you don't like it, oh well. Ask someone else until you find  one that you deem acceptable. 

The value of ANYTHING is only the amount of what someone is willing to give you for that item. Nothing more, nothing less. If  the prices are too high in your area, then move,  get it shipped in or shut up and keep looking.   

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2013, 04:54:52 pm »

Wow................... It's been listed on E-bay 10 times this month, why would he need to ask us what it's worth?

http://www.ebay.com/csc/njythrd/m.html?nma=true&item=230969266351&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&si=Y8dgsVOFBfWspyycE%252F1Zk7K3sjg%253D&orig_cvip=true&hash=item35c6d750af&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Glen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: