SMC Discussion Areas
May 09, 2024, 09:17:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola Vending Machine Value????  (Read 52214 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 09:01:08 am »

Which member bought it?

Hope they post some pics!!   oops blush

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 09:10:36 am »

Which member bought it?

Hope they post some pics!!   oops blush

That info may be submitted at the end of the year when we all post our best finds of 2013.  glare

Glen
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:14 am »

This is a prime example  why this board has been going in the wrong direction over the last few years.  A "newbie" joins the board  asks a question on the value of his "restored" machine?  Then, when people that have been doing restorations for decades respond and give him honest answers, the guy gets insulting.

I still liked it better when most of the people on SMC "collected" stuff and only a small % of board members were daily "flippers"  Now, with the introductions of our new friends like NJYTHRD, it seems like the only reason many people join SMC is to flip stuff.

Maybe it's time to consider splitting the board into 2 groups.  I am getting a little frustrated offering free advise to people who only are interested in the financial  aspect of this hobby. Just a little reminder, old soda machine collecting can be  a great hobby when you are not constantly focusing on the financial aspects.

I know there are great people  like Curtis Kaufman, the Heuerman's from Fun-tronics and others who make their entire living on parts and restoration of vintage collectibles.  They have offered a ton of free advise and I value their friendship. The rest of us are true hobbyists or weekend restoration warriors.  

Just my .02

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
NJYTHRD

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 09:20:42 am »

OMGoodness

Why split the site.

On the main page Discussion area it split into 17 different discussion areas where you can ask, sell, get advice, ect...

Food for thought.

Sold the machine on the side off Ebay. Why pay Ebay fees?

Shoot you can also get a Square account and charge the person 2.75-3.5% and not pay any paypal fees. Free advice here....Come get it/Who wants sum?.....!

I know we are smarter than we type? right......
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 09:35:31 am »

Just sold at auction on Ebay to a collector, strange?HUH

I'm confused you said in earlier post that is "just sold at auction on eBay?" .
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 09:37:51 am »

I'm confused you said in earlier post that is "just sold at auction on eBay?" .

Ha...was just about to post the same thing!

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 09:44:07 am »

NJYTHRD,

I usually don't join in these 'hot' threads, just not worth my time.  You came here for 'free' advice from the people who deal with these machines every day, and I think you were given a relatively fair set of opinions on the Vendo 83.

Your machine is nice, I think that if you bought the Coca-Cola vinyl lettering, you could get a decent price for the machine.  It'll take some time, but the white Coca Cola on the red will really help to pull out a buyer, just finishing up that last step of the machine.  Buyers in this price range with a limited knowledge base typically will want a finished product, maybe not looking for a project.

Here's one that sold on Ebay for $1525 (assuming it actually sold): http://www.ebay.com/itm/RESTORED-ANTIQUE-COCA-COLA-COKE-BOX-MACHINE-VENDO-83-/111008364439?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d89d3797#ht_86wt_1634

Yours looks like the interior is in better shape, so best of luck to you on the sale, I hope you can make some of your money back.

Now, the part about people like you that really pisses me off.  You came on here looking for advice, and then proceed to put down the very people that were providing the free advice that you sought.  I have another guy I deal with that gets really angry and calls me names when I tell him things he doesn't want to hear.  He's 4 but I hear you grow out of that phase.  You flat out lied to everyone that the machine is sold, changing your mind from eBay to sold off the site.

It's easy to find out some extra info on the internet these days...why are you telling craigslist buyers that it's a Vendo 81 even though you clearly know the model.  I have checked out your eBay auctions, and you lied about those as well.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:57:44 am by tkaz » Logged

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2013, 10:01:31 am »

I vote take this thread completely off... He got his response.. didn't like it... and this could just keep going south...
I had 2 83s (one was given to me)... nice machines if you like the big single vend machines... not worth much.. I
had to throw them in on a deal years back with a 23 a couple 39 shells to get rid of them... neat looking just
not a big money maker....

Again delete this post.. not worth keeping or looking back on. -  my .02
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:25:01 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2013, 10:13:26 am »

Thanks for the info.

20 out 22 post useless.

All posts are useless when it is after the fact - should have done your research.

Just checked E-bay completed auctions..........can't find it!

That is because it is still listed for sale on the Phx CL.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 10:43:47 am »

I know we are smarter than we type? right......

If this 83 was bought from a collection of over 200 machines, it was probably the cheapest one.
Did you even wonder why it was so cheap or do more research before sinking thousands more into a paint job?

Could you have been influenced by that TV show that claims all restored Coke machines are worth $7 to 8K?

Again, what we're here for is to give advice BEFORE making such important decisions.

We hope to hear from you again when you get your next machine.

Glen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: