SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 12:21:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavalier CDG-C Pressures w/134a?  (Read 3581 times)
rbbcdb
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »

New compressor, cleaned throughout, new condenser motor and ready with 134a charge (supposedly)...what should the pressures be at 1)  Warm box start up, 90 degree ambient,  2)  Cooler operational for 2 hours, same temp?  The discharge line at evap is frosting up as well as shell.  Compressor never cycles.  I have no way of knowing the weight of the charge, but if I can pinpoint ambient and pressures/temps can I not confidently adjust charge?
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 11:37:44 am »

did you vacuum the system? you have two draw a vacuum before charging. you also need gauges to accurately know how much coolant to put in. Refrigeration is not something for a do it yourself project unless you have the proper knowledge and equipment. Its not as easy as it looks.
rbbcdb
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 12:08:14 pm »

System was evacuated multiple times, but the charge was not weighed in.  Scales were in the field.  I guess it sounds like I need to reclaim it and weigh it in.  Along those lines, what is the proper quantity?  Somewhere I saw postings of 8 to 9 oz?  Does that sound close?  Necessary equipment is not an issue, just capturing it before it leaves the office is the challenge. 
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 09:20:17 pm »

keep in mind that the capillary tube plays a key role in regulating the freon to the evaporator, you've changed the freon form R12 to 134a & your cap' tube may be starving the evaporator, you should change the filter/dryer while you're at it...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 09:22:47 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: