SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 02:07:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drain Pipe and Rubber Feet  (Read 5028 times)
sbcroix

« on: July 06, 2013, 05:14:47 pm »

I need a line on a Drain Pipe for my Westinghouse standard tank liner.
I see Fun-Tronics sells one, but it's round at the top. My tank iner has a hex shaped depression in it, and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Also, anyone know where I can find some replacement anti vibration rubber feet for my compressors.
strangely seems hard to find on the internets... either that or I am just not a good searcher.

Also, any recommendations on what to use under the liner for insulation?  Rather than the pressed wood insulation it came with?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:40:59 pm by sbcroix » Logged
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:02:41 pm »

The one shown at funtronics will not work on yours, it is way too small. I have one in my tool box to prove it biggrin.  I was not able to find a direct replacement for the entire drain flange but did see some promising alternatives at my local pluming store. I found a brass one that had the correct outer diameter to slip into the hole and also had the correct pipe size / thread pitch on the inside. The only issue I would have is it was round on top not hex, so my plan was lay the old plug on top, trace around it and grind it down a bit to make it into the hex shape I needed.  Fortunately I was able to salvage my old one just needed to replace the locking nut.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:04:16 pm by Blind1968 » Logged

~ Bryan
sbcroix

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 11:00:13 am »

The one shown at funtronics will not work on yours, it is way too small. I have one in my tool box to prove it biggrin.  I was not able to find a direct replacement for the entire drain flange but did see some promising alternatives at my local pluming store. I found a brass one that had the correct outer diameter to slip into the hole and also had the correct pipe size / thread pitch on the inside. The only issue I would have is it was round on top not hex, so my plan was lay the old plug on top, trace around it and grind it down a bit to make it into the hex shape I needed.  Fortunately I was able to salvage my old one just needed to replace the locking nut.

Glad I checked before ordering.  But I think it's unlikely I will be able to salvage mine.
I have found a few hex bushings that are really close, except the hex part is usually about 1/4" thick.  Might have to do some grinding myself.

Appreciate the info!

cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 11:43:11 am »

Go to your local refrigeration wholesale parts house and if they don't have rubber for compressors you could use some that go on a fan motor . They should have one or other.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest
early model Stoner jr.
Stoner theaters
Thanks Jeff
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 01:38:22 pm »

Also, anyone know where I can find some replacement anti vibration rubber feet for my compressors.
strangely seems hard to find on the internets... either that or I am just not a good searcher.

Also, any recommendations on what to use under the liner for insulation?  Rather than the pressed wood insulation it came with?

Yes, you are.   laugh    I've covered this before in "refrigeration"  Tecumseh loose parts-kit no. LP3

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
sbcroix

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 05:16:29 pm »

Yes, you are.   laugh    I've covered this before in "refrigeration"  Tecumseh loose parts-kit no. LP3

Perfect!  You guys are all awesome...
sbcroix

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 01:48:07 pm »

For future reference i just found this the HEX drain on sodajerkworks.  Of course this after I have spent hours with my dremel cleaning the rust and corrosion out the original :-)

I might just buy one anyway

http://sodajerkworks.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=16&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1062&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27

Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 04:41:42 pm »

Thats good to know. biggrin

~ Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: