SMC Discussion Areas
May 08, 2024, 08:05:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 56 bottle door  (Read 2746 times)
« on: October 22, 2004, 05:03:04 pm »

Hi, recently purchased and am restoring a Coca Cola Vendo 56 machine (old round top red & white).  Of course these machines have the solid bottle door but most of the machines I see restored online have a glass bottle door.  My question is who sells these glass bottle doors or are people cutting the solid door and putting in glass (can't imagine this working very well?)

Thanks
Jeff
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 12:39:02 pm »

Hey Jeff, it works very well. Drill 1/4" holes in each corner of each cutout area to give a nice radius. With a jigsaw remove the cutout areas, grind and file smooth.
      Discard the plastic inside liner and cut 4 pieces of 7/8" to 1"wide  channel to surround 3 pieces of glass and their sponge separators.( I had 7/8" stainless steel channel specially bent for this. Let me know if you need some.)
      I even have a 2" dia. hole punched through the center of the door and install a Vendo 81 medallion.

Glen
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 01:32:07 am »

Thanks MoonDawg!
I've been considering the same. Any advice on which jigsaw blade and best way to punch the center?

Have a V-63 door that I'll just cut down the glass and channel to use with the V-56 skin. Sound reasonable?
Creighton
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 12:39:38 pm »

Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: