SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 11:41:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo v165-5 ot v165-a?  (Read 11954 times)
Ridewithme38
« on: July 24, 2006, 06:18:33 pm »

This is one of the older machines and it seems to have something inside to adjust from 10oz sodas to 12oz sodas...

This is what happens....i put in 75cents hit the button and a soda comes out...but the next soda on that line doesn't drop down to replace the old one. i have to open the machine and shove it down manually to get it to slide into where it should be..i've been working on what seems like a little problem for almost a week now...and am at the point of just taking a hammer to the slot just to bend it up...

any other suggestions?
Ridewithme38
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 02:51:56 am »

Ok i think ':p'  i found what the problem was...although i don't know the right names for the parts i'll try to discribe as best i can...

ok i select a soda and the one behind it doesn't roll foward..that was my original problem...
I did some visual inspection tonight and noticed that theres some sort or tounge? or lever that wasn't going all the way down and because of that the soda couldn't get by...so my solution...i set the adjuster for 10oz sodas and i jammed a full can of soda(12oz) on that tounge hoping to bend it to the right size...letting it sit over nite to give it time...if this doesn't work i'm just going to go in there with a pair of pliers and manually bend it...

Sorry about my idiotic discriptions...this is my first Soda Vending machine..i mostly work on bulk candy vendors...and i don't have all the terms down yet
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 01:56:58 pm »

Some photos might help us identify the parts/problem in question.
Rickplayer
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 04:56:30 pm »

Some machines require side spacers to increase tha gap between bottles or cans. Are there any small square spacers with the machine? i posted some pictures of mine .
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 08:08:03 pm »

You're on the right track! on some vendo can vendors on the racks just above were the cans come forward ( the roof, I'd guess you' call it) of each column, is a flat rectangular tin plate, the lower slots are for 10-oz. cans & the upper slots are for 12-0z. cans

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Ridewithme38
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:21:23 pm »

Ok heres some basic pictures of where i think the problems is...

from what i can tell the cans are getting stuck between this tounge thing(doesn't seem to lower enough to let them by)...when this tounge is up the light for empty turns on....and the top of the machine

I try'd leaving a can jammed in there over night...didn't help...even jammed a long screw in there for a few hours to try to bend that tounge down further...that only helped a little...any other ideas?

Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 09:44:55 pm »

That tounge thing would be your sold out paddle.. the can should sit on top of it, which in turn activates a microswitch connected to the sold out light. As one can is vended, the next should roll into place on top of the paddle and just rest neatly against the vend gate.

In the photos it looks like that paddle is sticking up almost verticle..  which it shouldn't be.. it should be almost flat, sitting up maybe a half inch when there's no can there..

Ridewithme38
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 10:39:45 pm »

yah thats exactly the problem the #### paddle never goes flat so when i vend on soda the next one will get stuck behind the paddle...i have a screw jammed in there right now trying to bend it so its flat...hopefully that would work but i'd love to hear any suggestions....
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 10:52:47 pm »

See if you can remove the whole vend gate/sold out paddle assembly..  You'll probably have to remove them all as one piece..

The pics below are from my own machine.. not a vendo but same style vend mechanism. If you can remove the whole assembly you have a much better chance at fixing the problem.

Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 11:01:59 pm »

Here's a couple of pics of the vend mech from mine fully assemlbed..
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: