SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 11:05:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up a Decent Vendo 80..  (Read 14095 times)
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 02:19:11 pm »

How does it work? 

A lot of stuff.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 02:20:59 pm »

How does it work? 

Works great!
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 03:11:28 pm »

I new that was coming.  lol  laugh

I mean if I put a coin in how does it vend.  Magical fairys on Coke drop the bottle when they get a coin or does the bottle drop from some motorized mechanism.  No shelves like a Cavalier where gravity and a solenoid let the machine dispense a bottle.  Just curious about the mechanical and electrical part of the vending.

I am also glad it "works great" though.  biggrin

A lot of stuff.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »

I new that was coming.  lol  laugh

I mean if I put a coin in how does it vend.  Magical fairys on Coke drop the bottle when they get a coin or does the bottle drop from some motorized mechanism.  No shelves like a Cavalier where gravity and a solenoid let the machine dispense a bottle.  Just curious about the mechanical and electrical part of the vending.

I am also glad it "works great" though.  biggrin
Larry - the bottles are stacked up in three columns.  There are rollers across the bottom of the columns that roll sideways just enough each time it vends to drop one bottle from a particular stack.  Pretty neat bit of engineering.  Reminds me a little bit of a cam shaft in a car.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 09:51:32 am »

OK thanks.

Do the new Coke bottles work?  I bought some Coke bottles for my VMC72 and they do not work in the machine.  Coke narrowed their bottles so my machine is useless unless I make some sort of adapter for the machine. 

The 72 has a carriage that tilts left with one vend, center with another, then right with another vend.  You cord the bottles on top of each other and they rest against each other and sit on what I call a rocker ear.  The left side bottle comes out then the right side bottle (dual chute machine).  Since the bottles are too narrow now, they just fall through.  Just curious if the 80 has a similar issue.

A lot of stuff.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 10:33:26 am »

Do the new Coke bottles work?  I bought some Coke bottles for my VMC72 and they do not work in the machine.  Coke narrowed their bottles so my machine is useless unless I make some sort of adapter for the machine. 

To adapt these stacks to the new narrow bottles, the width of the column must also be reduced, but only at the lowest point where the bottles are waiting to be released. Velcro strips on each side of the 4 columns work fine for me.

Glen
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 10:36:30 am »

Thanks for the tip.

A lot of stuff.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 01:33:33 pm »

Agree with Glen - I made 'shims' from some corrugated plastic for my V80.  It will vend the new bottles fine. 

Funtronics also sells a shim kit for the 80.

I had the same issue with my 33 - it would jam on the new bottles but vended the old ones like a champ.

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 01:35:38 pm »

If you look carefully you will see this one has already been shimmed...
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 03:59:58 pm »

Looks like a nice clean machine. Well worth the price. Very nice

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: