SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 11:20:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor 4-Door Chest Cooler  (Read 14280 times)
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 11:22:42 am »

That is an awesome find though......with a great country store story.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 11:26:17 am »

Congrats on the cooler!  I too am having a 3door restored (by Pat) to be turned into my bar.
Although with mine, I took out the motor, and the doors etc... and will be getiing a stainless counter and counter top made up for it.
The 3 door is heavy, I cant even think about a 4 door.

Every day I look at my staircase to the basement and think how am I going to get it down lol...... I think I might let gravity just work it's magic  laugh

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 07:02:59 pm »

bonovox, yep I believe mine is just under 800 lbs, but feels like about 2000 when you try and lift it.   I with you on the gravity theory of getting it down stairs!!!!
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 08:47:17 pm »

Looks like its in great shape. Nice find!

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 09:14:39 pm »

Great find. Congrats and enjoy

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 08:06:53 am »

Looks great, good pick-up

Greg
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 09:46:33 pm »

Nothing like the victor coolers for sure. I too found mine on Craigslist in a small town just east of Indy. It spent its whole life in the same spot from new. The building, currently slated to be torn down due to new construction, was functioning as a small town bar but closed a few years back. In its hay day, the building was actually a schoolhouse where the cooler was used in the cafeteria. Pretty neat story and pretty neat price at $500. I enjoy mine everyday so good luck with yours.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2013, 07:17:03 pm »

Vintage-Air,

I love your story.  I only wish in my case I would have stopped by the country store my victor was at and took a picture with it in it.  Do you do any restoring of yours at all?  For me I have to at minimum replace the evap fan motor, but I am thinking about doing something with the removable grates and bottom of the inside of the cooler.  I don't want to spend alot of money as this is just going to be for me, but would love to know your thoughts if you did anything like this.  You can PM me directly if you would like.

Thanks,
Nick
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 08:05:41 pm »

Well, it has a been a little over a year and I am finally finished working on this Victor 4-door cooler.      Besides a repaint and replacement compressor, which looked to me to be done when it was in service and a long time ago, it was complete.  It worked before I started working on it, but had to hand crank the evaporator fan to get it going.  A year later, one new evaporator fan, new wiring, one new thermostat, one new 3 in 1, some POR15 putty and paint on the tub floor, some hammer-tone paint on the tub walls and many hours of hand cleaning and polishing it is finally done.   Oh and lets not forget the moving company I had to use to get it from my garage to my basement.    It now works perfectly, but will probably only be turned on when we have parties.   Next I will be getting a counter top for it.  I was lucky enough to find original counter-top brackets on eBay.   I did want to thank everyone on this forum for all your help.   A special thanks to Ken (kbareit) and the people at soda works jerks for going above and beyond in their assistance.   Here is a link to some before and after pictures:

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/ndercole/slideshow/Victor%20Cooler
GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 08:59:08 pm »

That looks amazing!  Outstanding job!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: