SMC Discussion Areas
June 01, 2024, 06:39:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 92  (Read 5410 times)
smunczen

« on: August 22, 2009, 03:26:34 pm »

Anyone else have a Vendo 92 single selction. I have 2 that I am working on and cannot find much info one them. Both cool real good. Both are not vending on has no motor and the other motor has a broken grear in the reduction box. Looking for some motors.

Vendo V-63
Vendo V-92
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 09:09:32 am »

I ran into one of these on my service calls, same problem, bad vending motor, the Westinghouse select-a-matic series uses the same style Mercle-Kroff gear-reduction unit, but the rotation was reversed ( as oppose to the vendo V91) & I had to reposition the vending (motor-park) switch.

I don't know if this will help you, as Westinghouse vending motors are a s difficult to come by as a Vendo unit.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 09:18:00 am by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
smunczen

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 01:07:23 pm »

Well what I did was find an v-3 in out of state and have the guy test the motors and 2 of 3 are working so at least I can 2 of the 3 machines that I have now and have one real nice one all machines are complete and in good shape.

Vendo V-63
Vendo V-92
smunczen

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 05:28:44 pm »

I just jumped into these machines last week and boy I sure didn't know what I was in for. I restore cars for a hobby and between jobs and thought it would be fun to do one of these machines. I had know idea the parts are so hard to find. Just like some of my car's. I will get one done for sure in use it my garage.

Vendo V-63
Vendo V-92
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 09:34:18 pm »

You picked a machine that is hard to find parts for. Don't let it get to you, it will all come together, and so worth it when you pull your first pop, bottle from it.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
smunczen

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 07:29:44 am »

I didn't get a chance to install one of the used motors last night had to work late. Maybe today. I did find a place to get the box media blasted. I just what to make sure I got it working before I take it all apart.

Vendo V-63
Vendo V-92
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:34:08 am »

I just what to make sure I got it working before I take it all apart.
Always a good idea...you wouldn't want to go through all the work only to find it won't work.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 10:44:52 am »

I don't mean to be the party pooper but I just wanted to make sure this machine was for you and not for resale. You have a cool machine and it will make a great shop machine but you will never get your money out of a full restoration. You being a car guy you know what cars are good for restoration and which to stay away from. Your machine on a sellable scale is more like restoring a pento. If you really like it you should go for it but if you are wanting to make money from it this isn't the machine to do. I hope you already knew this. I just wated to be blunt before you sunk a fortune into this machine.
smunczen

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 12:05:03 pm »

I like this machine. I know it's not the most collected one. I like the look of it it's simple. Out of the 3 the the 1960 model is the coolest one. It has the chrome intake grill and all the trim is polished stainless. I know I will put aqllot it in but I want a nice one all redone. I only paid $75 for it so i'm not in too very much. It's going to cost me $150.00 to have it media blasted and the paint and body work not sure yet. So it really leaves me with the decals and the re-chrome costs.

Vendo V-63
Vendo V-92
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: