SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:49:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need helpwith Vendo Coke Machine  (Read 15408 times)
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2007, 07:52:18 pm »

If you remove the switch from the machine , yes you can test it with an OHM meter, the termianls should be marked, but you might want to put a register marking with a sharpy marker befor you remove the wires ( just in case) so you kow where they go back. testing it is a good idea, just because it "clicks" doesn't mean that it's actually working electrically.

in order to vend cans in the racks, you'll have to make a spacer to take up the slack between the back of the cans ( which should load all the way forward in the rack, & the back-spacers, you can use a 1x2 piece of wood or a piece of pvc pipe (2") & attach it to the metal back-spacers in the racks, this will prevend the stack of cans from tipping backwards & jaming the stack. since the spacers you need to make don't bear any weight, I use the 1x2 wood cut to length to fit into the stacks & I countersink some holes to hold about four small magnets I got from radio-shack & glue them in place into the holes & just magnetically "snap" these Can spacers onto the steel back-spacers, does the trick for me! just be sure you leave about 1/4" of space behind the cans so the don't bind in the stacks/racks
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 12:58:50 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
cdoyle

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2007, 09:35:17 pm »

Great, I was wondering if a spacer or something would work.  Glad to know I was on the right track.

I won't get to mess with it anymore until Thursday, I'm hoping to get it all working soon!!

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2007, 06:35:16 am »

Magnets... Who'd a thunk it... Cool tip JohnieG

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2007, 11:08:33 am »

Hey Chris,

Here's a link to the "Vendo V-125, V-190, V-228 Things to Adjust" pages in the Service Manual.

Hopefully helpful...

My six cents,

Jim

cdoyle

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 08:15:50 am »

oh that's cool!
Thank You!!

I messed with it a little before I saw your response.

I tried one of the other slots, and it worked OK.   But the first selection, it not vending, it acts like it jams or something.   So hopefully using this I can adjust it and get it working again!

Thank You!!
cdoyle

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 05:04:52 pm »

Been messing with it some more,
Question:  Are the 'flaps' as I call them(the pieces that move down, that allow the bottle to drop).  Are they suppose to alternate after each vend?

I'm noticing on the 2 columns 5 and 6 (which are the same selection switch) that bind, both are only moving 1 flap each time.   The other one doesn't move at all.

Reading the PDF I'm not sure how they are suppose to work?

cdoyle

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »

Ah, just noticed something.

These 2 rotor wheels are for the 1st selection.
I noticed that niether of the wheels rotate when a selection is made.  The solenoid, pulls up, and everything else works like it's suppose to, but the wheel doesn't move.

I tried the other selections, and noticed that the wheel moves clockwise 1 tooth each time.   

What I have noticed is, it's hard to tell but not sure if the index pawl is missing the tooth on the wheel?  But there are times when it does make contact, and that's when it jams up.  It's like the wheels either don't want to turn or something? 

« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 06:02:29 pm by cdoyle » Logged
cdoyle

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 10:15:13 pm »

For the life of me, I can't see what is different about these 2 wheels, compared to the other ones?

They all seem to be resting in the same place, where the index pawl is right under a tooth of the rotor wheel.  But for some reason these 2 wheels refuse to spin when it tries to move it. Which causes the whole machine to jam and has to be unplugged.

Anyone ever work on this type of machine before and have any thoughts?  Or things to troubleshoot?

cdoyle

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 07:22:26 pm »

Got it working!!  biggrin

I adjusted the index pawl on both, and gave it a try and it works now!!

Now on to the next issue, Selection #4 doesn't do anything when the button is pressed.
No click of the relay or anything.

So since the relay is the same for #3 and #4, I swapped them.  #4 still doesn't work, and #3 still works after the swap.  So it's not the relay.

So I then tested the switch with a DMM.  When the button is pressed I get continuity, so it's not the switch.

So are there any other common areas to check?
cdoyle

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 08:13:24 pm »

Well got all the racks working now.

The sprite one wasn't working because of the main harness, by the door.   It was a bad connection, messed with it a little and it started working!!

The only thing on the machine that isn't working the way it should is the coin-op.   The person who had it before me, put a free vend switch on it.   When you do this, does that mean it won't accept coins at all?  Most of the time when I put coins in it, they just fall through.   Some times, they go into the little slots, but it never registers it as money received, or releases a can.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: