SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 12:51:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The chrome is back  (Read 7047 times)
audiobeer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 12:01:38 am »

That is my favorite square top machine! Nice job!

Missouri
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2006, 12:13:05 am »

Josh,
Sounds good!! I've got a RT-56 coin bezal with some issues and a WE-6 faceplate and some small bits and pieces. Let's find someplace with a good track record and go from there. There was a post longs ways back but I can't find it. LMK.
Thanks!!
Creighton
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2006, 12:25:12 am »

I will call my dad tomorrow night. He had a company in Chicago that he had do all of his chrome work on our cars. The polisher I use in florida does this as well. He gets all of his customers that need chrome work done give him what they need chromed and he sends it to be done in bulk and gets great deals. I will also call him and see who he uses. He mostly works on high dollar show motorcycles so his chrome guy must be good.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 01:32:15 am »

Sounds good! Not so concerned about price just want a quality job. Thanks for doing the legwork on this!!
Creighton
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2006, 11:36:15 am »

Speed and Sport in Houston Texas has a great track record. 713 921-0235 They estimate 15 working day turnaround, (3 weeks).   Craig knows the difference between 44 coin entry bezels and 81's.... and most of all the parts from soda machines.
       I'm not sure the minimum rule applies here. I have sent chrome for 1 machine, approx 4 pieces for a charge of $90.00. Then I've sent an eqivalent of 5 machines for $500.00.
       A pitted chrome entry bezel or crank handle must be ground and polished before plating, likewise chroming the 2 front doors of a VMC 27 requires a lot of plating solution. So labor and materials vary per item.
       Also,I have never had a part lost, but I always make a list of the parts being sent and include a copy with my shipment.

Glen
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2006, 02:21:49 pm »

I would reccomeend Niagara Plating in Niagara Falls NY.  Mike does all me stuff as well as Curtis's and Matt's.
He is the nicest person I have ever met.  I even gave him my Pepsi Vendo 56 square top restored as a gift.  His phone # is 716-297-1410.  Curtis needed a part done in 48 hours and Mike got it done for him. (please only ask this of him in case of emergencies).  Other people in our hobby are using him as well.   Here is a picture of Mike.  He is the guy on the right.

Brian C

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 02:39:12 pm »

I think that is who I will go with then. If you two trust him I do. I know how picky curtis is so he must be good.
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 11:19:47 pm »

Pat - real nice machine.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 06:59:13 am »

I agree wholeheartedly with Brian C's choice of Niagra Plating, Myself and Matt have sent countless peices to Mike for plating and have had excellent service each time for a very fair price and job well done.

Another place that I have used that turns an awesome product is Superfine Shine in Chilicothe, OH. They take about 4-5 weeks. They photo document all your parts upon reciept and for the more finicky people will do pitting repair and will make your part shine! Granted, they cost a bit more than others but the finished peice is well worth the money.

Brian
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: