SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 08:54:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dixie narco  (Read 3015 times)
« on: July 18, 2005, 05:19:43 pm »

I just recieved an email from a seller that has a Dixie Narco machine that he claims is late 60's ealry 70's.  It is about 5 feet tall single price and will vend bottles or cans.  It is a sqare top.  He does not have a pic.  I am wondering what machines they made around that time and what they are worth.  It has a new compressor and coin mech.  He says that he bought it from pepsi for $1000 and is trying to get $600 obo.

I will be going to look at it in the next week or two and get pictures then.  Iwas just wondering if they made a machine in that period that would be worth $600.

thanks in advance

dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 05:25:41 pm »

You might want to take a look through the Narco section - which includes Dixie Narco: http://soda-machines.com/machines/narco/index.html .  I don't think they have one fitting your description that is worth $600!

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
petey64
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 05:30:01 pm »

get pictures first, i have a DNC-150 and if someone offers me $600.00 i will definetely help them load it.
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2005, 10:35:25 pm »

Thanks Dr.  For some reason I missed the narco listing and was looking for Dixie in the soda machine listings.

When he told me the price I was hoping that he had a round top machine and was disappointed to find out that it was a square top.  This is one of three sellers that I have had contact me with machines for sell since listing a wanted ad on the internet.  I am afraid that this may be another case of the seller thinking that he has more than he really does.

I will still swing by and take a look as I will be in his area in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the help,  ':drinkers:'
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 05:19:06 am »

Spider,

I picked up (brokered a deal, actually for my painter in exchange for some free work) a Dixie Narco 300 for $50.  The cool thing was the painter paid the $50, and I still get some free work.  I just picked up the machine -- in HIS truck!

The machine worked just fine.  The church was just clearing out the basement.  It had 3 Diet Cokes and 75 cents in it.

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
Pages: [1]   Go Up