SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 04:30:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Selectivend lives......  (Read 14278 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 07:03:28 pm »

I really like the machine but it is a bear to work on. Have you had any luck finding the bulbs for the selection buttons? I still have a couple of sewing machine places to try but so far no go.
Creighton
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 07:37:15 pm »

Huh....I haven't gotten that deep into the machine yet but what I saw didn't look that strange, are they impossible to find. Could another bulb be used in their place?

Steve

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 09:02:32 pm »

I really like the machine but it is a bear to work on. Have you had any luck finding the bulbs for the selection buttons? I still have a couple of sewing machine places to try but so far no go.
Creighton

Got a picture or spec on the bulb? I've got a load of commercial sewing machine parts at work.. I can probably track down the bulb

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 09:35:02 pm »

Got a picture or spec on the bulb? I've got a load of commercial sewing machine parts at work.. I can probably track down the bulb

If you find it, I'm gonna need 4.... smile

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 12:12:41 am »

Ken,
Thanks for the offer to help!! Pic is below. 120v parallel pin, two contacts on the bottom. No numbers readable. Have found some that had a larger bulb but that would cook the plexi selectors.

Steve,
Naw, no big thing, parts can be found. Thanks to the group here at SMC. Could adapt LED's may do that anyway. You will need 5.
Creighton

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:14:25 am by Creighton » Logged
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 07:03:38 am »

I'll check when I get into the shop tomorrow.. I've seen that around somewhere... I think there is a box around somewhere...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
BronzeGiant
5 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 10:50:47 pm »

Worked a little more on the Selectivend today. Plugged it in and it had pop cold in a very short time and then kicked off when it was supposed to. Since there's no coin mech in it at present I opened it up and took out a can to see how cold it was and when I closed it back up again the compressor kicked on again and ran till it was cold inside again. I'm REAL happy about that. I took the sign out and got the bulb and starter from behind it to get replacements this week, I took out the two screws like Creighton said to and the display bout fell out and hit me in the head.... biggrin

Brought the plastic filler piece where the price is displayed home with me and am in the process of polishing it. I have a polishing kit that I use for model cars and it goes to 4000 grit and makes the pieces look like new so I'm working on that right now. It's gonna take more than I thought to get the selector buttons out, which is unfortunate, but they are really trashed. I'm gonna have to see if I can fix one good enough to use for an original to make an RTV mold from. I know I can, it'll just be more work than I wanted to do.

I also brought the bezel from around the can door opening to buff on my rotary buffer. Being as it's cast aluminum, I think, it should look really good when I'm done.

The little Selectivend winged SV badge is plastic so I'll see about having a model buddy Alclad chrome that for me, the machine will be inside so that should hold up well enough.

This week I should get a coin mech that I know works so next time I can put it in and see if the machine vends, I sure hope so, it'd make my day.

Steve drinking

Cavalier CS-148-C
Cavalier CSS-64
Selectavend 1-A
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 11:59:53 pm »

Steve,
Getting the selector buttons out is no fun. The light panel and the selector switches need to slide off the side of the "dashboard". Been there done that. PM me your number and a good time to call and I'll share what I know. I've got one or two orginals that may be good enough to make a mold from. My buddy made my replacements by glueing acrylic pieces together. There are small bubbles but nothing to worry about. I gather the process is not one he wants to repeat anytime soon :-)

Attached are some pics. The board has a limitation on pic size but can send better images via email if desired. Also have a couple more door lables for loading and coin mech.

I could really use a repop of the SV wings if possible.
Thanks!
Creighton
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 05:44:21 am »

so far no luck on the bulbs.. I may have put the box I'm thinking of in that place where you will never forget... I just have to remember where that is.. I'll continue my search..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 09:29:17 am »

...I may have put the box I'm thinking of in that place where you will never forget... I just have to remember where that is...

The older I get, the more often I do that. I hate that!  laugh

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: