SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 09:11:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first coke machine !  (Read 9140 times)
chrispf
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:12:08 pm »

I purchased my first coke machine this past weekend.  It's a wc-102-md.  It looks in decent shape but not sure of the overall functionality.

I currently don't have the key and the plug was cut off the cord.  Also, when I put change in it, it comes right out in the change return (although I think this could be a result of not having it turned on).

I plan on drilling out the lock to get into it unless anyone has another suggestion.  I'll then check out the coin mech. 

But my real concern is why would the plug be cut off.  I plan on connecting another plug soon but I'm hesitant on actually plugging it in.  Is there anything I should check before plugging it in?  I would rather not damage anything if I can help it.

Unfortunately I'm not able to get any answers from the previous owner.     

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 01:13:10 pm »

With the coin mechanism I think they need power in order to accept coins. I know on my machine if I put coins in it when it is unpluged they will drop straight through.
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 01:42:23 pm »

Welcome to the board, and congrats on your first machine!

I wouldn't plug it in until I was able to check things out inside, especially the wiring.  You don't want to short anything out due to bare wires.  I believe the coins are going through the mech due to lack of power, so you will want to work that issue first.  And yes, drilling out the lock is the easiest method, unless you happen to find the correct key from someone.  Locks are easy enough to replace!

Good luck!  You have found an awesome source for all your questions on this site!  We love pictures, too, so post some when you get the chance!

Greg

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
chrispf
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 02:03:51 pm »

Here are a couple pics.  Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!
dw55
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 03:45:06 pm »

nice machine i just saw that face plate sell for $227.50 on ebay. i have a wb102-6
Yarochrehc
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 04:41:54 pm »

Can you see a number on the lock? You might be able to get a key and save the lock, and congrats!

Bob

Restored
Vendo H63B  Coke in use in basement
Original
Vendo V/VF63/7  Pepsi in use

Restoring: Glascock Standard
(2) Vendo 63
(2)Vendo 90
Vendo 126  waiting for paint
VMC 56
Westinghouse WE-6
hammerhead1550
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 02:23:15 am »

Here are a couple pics.  Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

Wow you don't happen to live in MD do you? I was going to buy a machine just like that, but it was sold when I got there today. I bought 3 other coke machines off of the person instead. All of the machines that I bought (and all the ones he got from where ever) had the plugs cut off of them. The cords were there and in perfect shape, but the person cut all the plugs of for what ever stupid reason. We stripped the cord ends and all the  machines I bought worked perfectly and cooled fine, so I wouldn't worry to much about it and just buy a good plug and install it on your cord. If your cord is in bad shape then go and buy a heavy duty extension cord from Lowe's and cut the end off and install it on your machine, a 10 foot black 14gauge extension cord is only about 10 bucks.
90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 05:45:48 am »

Wow you don't happen to live in MD do you?

Hammerhead, I live in Maryland - northern Harford County.  Where are you located?

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
chrispf
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 08:13:12 am »

Can you see a number on the lock? You might be able to get a key and save the lock, and congrats!

The only thing I see on the lock is "wex".  Would be great to save the lock if possible.
chrispf
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 08:18:27 am »

Wow you don't happen to live in MD do you? I was going to buy a machine just like that, but it was sold when I got there today. I bought 3 other coke machines off of the person instead. All of the machines that I bought (and all the ones he got from where ever) had the plugs cut off of them. The cords were there and in perfect shape, but the person cut all the plugs of for what ever stupid reason. We stripped the cord ends and all the  machines I bought worked perfectly and cooled fine, so I wouldn't worry to much about it and just buy a good plug and install it on your cord. If your cord is in bad shape then go and buy a heavy duty extension cord from Lowe's and cut the end off and install it on your machine, a 10 foot black 14gauge extension cord is only about 10 bucks.

Hi.  I do.  I'm in the Gaithersburg area.  Hopefully you didn't buy the other machine I wanted to go back for.   biggrin 
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: