SMC Discussion Areas
May 20, 2024, 10:28:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving a V63  (Read 7244 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 08:47:55 pm »

Got one more question about the wheels. What kind would be good to get? I don't want to get something that will not be able to support the machine. Do they have weight ratings on them?
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 09:04:25 pm »

yes, casters have weight ratings so if they say they'll support 50lbs, then 4 x 50 = 200lbs total, and so on.  be careful when adding casters to any machine, it can make it quite "tippy", ( by placing the machine up on casters you are raising its center of gravity)  so put then as far out on the corners as possible. a fairly square-based machine like a Vendo V63 isn't as big as a concern as say a more rectangular shaped based machine.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Crazzy Canuck
25 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »

Hi Chris. If you have a Princess Auto, go there. They have casters for a cheap price.

Always buying "off brand" machines and ice chests
Constant buyer of vmc 33-3D's & Jacobs 26
pepsi-perk
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:17 pm »

Harbor Freight..all kinds of casters and cheap.  Of course it is cheap Chinese tool stuff...but it'll work for this.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 11:02:50 pm »

yes, casters have weight ratings so if they say they'll support 50lbs, then 4 x 50 = 200lbs total, and so on.  be careful when adding casters to any machine, it can make it quite "tippy", ( by placing the machine up on casters you are raising its center of gravity)  so put then as far out on the corners as possible. a fairly square-based machine like a Vendo V63 isn't as big as a concern as say a more rectangular shaped based machine.
Would a Vendorlator VF-165 be a good machine to put these on? It is 64" tall, 32" wide, and 23 3/8" deep. It does seem to be rectangular.
cdc1960
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 11:48:21 pm »

I tried a set that I had from Princess Auto, and the machine did feel like it wanted to tip too easily. I've put the original feet back on, as it's sitting on a ceramic tile floor in the basement. I'm in the process of cleaning it up and removing the vend rack to lubricate it, and will post some pictures this weekend. It's extremely clean and very complete, just dusty, and some spilled pop inside... I think the wheels are a very good idea, just perhaps not for this machine with this particular floor...

Chris

Vendo 44, 63
Cornelius SVM48E3, Cornelius Diplomat
AMI D80, G120
Gotlieb Genie
Bennett 956
Eco 240
Theatre Popcorn machine
Watling Horoscope Penny Scale
gum machines, parking meter, taxi meter, pay phone, etc...
it's getting out of hand..
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: