SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:42:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 81 found on Craigs list tonight!  (Read 38660 times)
mdunn

« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2010, 09:36:20 am »

Would it be better if I just replace the door coin door? Does anyone have a door? The other thing you mentioned about the vend cylinder, do you have any of those parts at all? I can see the writing on the wall already, i am in for a $500 and up wallet trip Sad

I bought the cap catcher already so thats one thing off the list. If anyone has the parts feel free to chime in and email me please.

Mike

Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 10:29:09 am »

I think your coin door should come out ok after re-painting it.

Your biggest challenge may be finding the missing parts from your bottle stack. You might also want to remove it and see what else is missing inside.  It may be easier find another complete bottle stack than finding parts to it. Also the bottom corner of the faceplate is bent and has only been painted on the front, not powdercoated so you will develop rust after pulling several dozen bottles out of it.

In addition to items already listed, you are missing one reciever latch for the coin door, the crank handle and it's backing plate. I would make a list and cost out these replacement parts before buying anything more as your $500.00 estimate may double before you realize it.

Glen
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 10:30:56 am »

I would be interested in your coin door if you are buying a new one. I don't need the coin bezel so you can keep it for your new one. PM me if you want to sell it. I am doing a transition 81 in electric vend.
mdunn

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2010, 10:45:56 am »

Terry,

I am begining to think I wish I would have thought this out more before I bought it for $1,000. Its missing everything just about to make it vend. Whats a shame is all of this stuff went in the trash somewhere? I have added up about $308 in parts and thats not counting the actual coin mech at $350. I would have around $700 invested and I dont know if i have got everything covered. Parts I need as well, just because it would be much better. I might have you paint and fix the door if I send it to you? What do you think? Email me please.
Door liner,main door seal,stainless steel screw set.

parts I need:

84b
79A
6B
24F
54B

Your biggest challenge may be finding the missing parts from your bottle stack. You might also want to remove it and see what else is missing inside.  It may be easier find another complete bottle stack than finding parts to it. Also the bottom corner of the faceplate is bent and has only been painted on the front, not powdercoated so you will develop rust after pulling several dozen bottles out of it.

In addition to items already listed, you are missing one reciever latch for the coin door, the crank handle and it's backing plate. I would make a list and cost out these replacement parts before buying anything more as your $500.00 estimate may double before you realize it.

Mike Dunn
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2010, 10:47:41 am »

I have an extra Large Coin door as well that I can sell, either way you will need to repaint yours or the one you buy from me, and probably the rest of the machine in order to get it to match. I'll pm you with details.

the only reason I mentioned yours could have trouble once the plate is removed, is I restored a machine a year ago that had the same situation, but in order to get the bondo to fill nicely, they dented in the front so that it looked nice a smooth when looking at it from the front.. you won't know till the bondo is removed.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
mdunn

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 11:00:41 am »

I have looked at the machine's door on the outside and its a crappy job of paint and bondo. I am a motorcycle builder and I could have done a better job and I have no painting skills. I feel like I am at a cross roads once again with trying to make it vend with a coin and I just cringe at the cost so far. If i can get Terry to fix the door for a resonable cost and than go from there If i fix the machine or just try and get another Vendo 81 thats complete? The only problem is I paid $1,000 for the machine, I am not going to be able too sell it or trade it for something similar  working in return?
What too do? I can go one way on another. The only positive thing is this works well and its been blowing cold for over a year now.

Mike

Mike Dunn
mdunn

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 11:23:12 am »

Glen,

What about this rack? Can it work with coin? Or do i need all new racks now too?

Mike

Mike Dunn
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2010, 11:29:55 am »

You have to remove the shelves and the 5-6 screws on the left side. Take a picture of the other side of the rack so we can see what all is missing. Most all of the mechanics of the rack on the liner side of the stack.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
mdunn

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2010, 11:41:32 am »

Tom,

I will do this tonight than, I take it its easy? I just dont see anyone buything this machine with enough money for me to get a working unrestored machine? I would really like something more complete and working. I dont care f its restored as long as it works and I can place sodas in it for the time being?

Mike

PS: Arrgggg...I am already frustrated once again and I put this aside a year ago because i was like well it working now and later i will tackle it.

Mike Dunn
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 01:12:19 pm »

This is what I have. First picture is what everything should look like on your bottle stack. Second picture is everything needed with the exception of the vend cam. $40.00 shipped for everything I have.

Let me know

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines