SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 01:44:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 81 found on Craigs list tonight!  (Read 38475 times)
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 11:19:50 pm »

If it were a generic machine, wouldn't the VMC dimple be there? Though why would someone grind down or bash in embossments just to make it a Coke again?
 Oo  oh upside

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 12:36:13 am »

I bet the dimple is there. I think he just meant that the letters VMC were not embossed. You never know it may not be generic!!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 01:55:58 pm »

I believe the the third picture shows the dimple as raised.

Glen
mdunn

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 09:18:43 pm »

Mike,
I emailed you earlier. Whenever you are ready I'll hook you up and make your ex jealous of your new replacement machine.

Terry,

You are correct, the machine was set up to vend electric and no manual coins, this blows for me. The entire point of a vending machine is the coins. If I wanted a cooler I would just use an old refridge, know what i mean? Ok, so here is the deal, the VMC square is embossed and it goes through the other side, you can see the square( not the letters). It works perfect, I had it going all weekend while we were away at the river for 3 days, everything is nice and cold. Ok, lets see, I dont know what to tell you guys, there is no way in hell Crush or IBC is going to pull through those holes, they are a bigger diameter and there is no way. I tried and tried it wont pull through, Another blow for me, we wanted a machine that can vend different things other than coke and water bottles. So we might be forced to sell or trade for something similar? No rust in the bottom of the machine, very clean and just dusty and dirty. I checked the little condensation bottle and about 3/8 of water in it, very little.
I tried and tried to clear the passage of the tube and its a bit clogged. I even used a small little portable yellow air pump and blow the line free of particles but its a bit clogged and I need a stronger hose( like an air compressor). Anyway, more pics.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 09:27:05 pm by mdunn » Logged

Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
mdunn

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 09:31:40 pm »

I believe the the third picture shows the dimple as raised.

Hello MoonDawg,

Ok, so the dimple is raised and what do i have? A VMC Coke machine or a Pepsi? Do i have something worth decent?

Mike Dunn
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 09:40:13 pm »

Ok, so the dimple is raised and what do i have? A VMC Coke machine or a Pepsi? Do i have something worth decent?

You'll have to unscrew the screws and peel the top part of the main door liner off. See if there is any embossment underneath - it could be generic, Pepsi, 7UP or RC Cola. I might have a buyer in SoCal if it is a generic machine and you are intent on selling it.
Have you adjusted the bottle stack for the largest size bottle? If the bottle diameter is smaller in size than the hole, then it will vend. You have to pull the rod out and stick it back into the bottom hole (there are three)

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 09:40:53 pm »

That looks like a nice VMC Generic--similar to my VMC 110 Canada Dry machine that I picked up last month.

http://soda-machines.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=29&topic=9439.20

I would not give up on that machine as there are other bottles like Boylan's and Faygo(if you are in the Midwest) that will vend from it.  You can also vend some of the bottled (plastic) tea's and Talking Rain carbonated flavored waters from that machine.  Another brand that might work is Jones Soda and they have a ton of flavors!

drinking Tim drinking
mdunn

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 09:45:22 pm »

You'll have to unscrew the screws and peel the top part of the main door liner off. See if there is any embossment underneath - it could be generic, Pepsi, 7UP or RC Cola. I might have a buyer in SoCal if it is a generic machine and you are intent on selling it.
Have you adjusted the bottle stack for the largest size bottle? If the bottle diameter is smaller in size than the hole, then it will vend. You have to pull the rod out and stick it back into the bottom hole (there are three)

Ok, i will do this right now, hang tight guys!'

Mike

Mike Dunn
mdunn

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 10:32:29 pm »

Ok, I pulled the liner off just so I can see the back side and its flat as can be, no embossed logos underneathe the treasure chest guys.Its white primer or white in color but no logo on the back side of the front panel.

Mike Dunn
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 10:35:06 pm »

Probably generic, but try a magnet over the embossed area.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Victor C-14
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: