SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 05:03:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 81 found on Craigs list tonight!  (Read 38478 times)
mdunn

« on: July 31, 2009, 02:07:07 am »

Well i was looking around and about 5 years ago Terry Moody Restored a nice Vendo 39 for me. As some of us know the old story i got a divorce and the 39 was gone to the EX. So, after alot of time and determination i finally scored what i hope was a good buy tonight. On Craigs list in palm Springs was a Coke machine. It said 1950's Coke machine $1,500. I email the guy, asked for pics and drove to his place tonight with cash in hand.
Its not perfect but it works well and I am in need of some parts( entire coin mechanism is missing, cap catcher, coin catcher, etc) but the unit works and works well. Someone restored it years ago and did a half ass job. Its good for now but Terry will have this one at his place soon.Anyway, the price was $1,000
VMC-81

Mike

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:11:48 am by mdunn » Logged

Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 04:38:12 am »

Id the coke not embossed? There was never a VMC coke 81. So either it is a generic 81 or it could have embossing under some bondo. Take off the door liner and look at the back. You may have found a Pepsi, 7up or even an RC 81. If you did then you did GREAT!!!
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:54:19 am »

Coca Cola looks embossed, but the VMC logo doesn't. Maybe its a Vendo with VMC sticker on it?

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:23:34 am »

Well it has a VMC bottle door and it is  large door model which would have stainless that seperated the red and white which this doesn't have. It has a Vendo coin bezel. I bet it it a VMC.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:36:32 am »

I think you did good, congrats. Now hold on to this one when it's done  biggrin

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mdunn

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 07:28:21 am »

Id the coke not embossed? There was never a VMC coke 81. So either it is a generic 81 or it could have embossing under some bondo. Take off the door liner and look at the back. You may have found a Pepsi, 7up or even an RC 81. If you did then you did GREAT!!!

The coke is not embossed and I am leaving for the river this am. I will check sunday when i return.Just to add to the confusion a bit more. Not one tag anywhere on it and the VMC at the bottom of the machine front face is not embossed, its a sticker. Also the machine will not vend IBC bottles or Crush bottles. I can adjust the shelves for those sodas but they are just a hair too big to pull through, which sucks. The entire point of wanting this machine was to use different sodas and not have to use COKE only. I can vend water bottles no problem and the small coke bottles. They pull through no problem.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:36:33 am by mdunn » Logged

Mike Dunn
Vintage German Motorcycles
www.vintagegermanmotorcycles.com
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 09:30:40 am »

Great buy! Your machine will vend Crush and IBC Sodas. In my Coke 81D I currently have Orange, Strawberry, and Grape Crush, as with IBC rootbeer and Cream soda.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Marvin
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 09:48:14 am »

The coke is not embossed and I am leaving for the river this am. I will check sunday when i return.Just to add to the confusion a bit more. Not one tag anywhere on it and the VMC at the bottom of the machine front face is not embossed, its a sticker. Also the machine will not vend IBC bottles or Crush bottles. I can adjust the shelves for those sodas but they are just a hair too big to pull through, which sucks. The entire point of wanting this machine was to use different sodas and not have to use COKE only. I can vend water bottles no problem and the small coke bottles. They pull through no problem.

You may need to just adjust the shelf hight on the bottle stack.  I have IBC in my 81 right now.  Along with orange crush.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:44:25 pm »

Good observation group. Another point not mentioned is that the crank handle
hole has been welded closed. This is an indication that the machine had been
converted to electric so the bottle stack is probably electric as well.
        This is a nice generic machine and could be restored to Coke or any other
brand desired.

Glen
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 10:42:01 pm »

Mike,
I emailed you earlier. Whenever you are ready I'll hook you up and make your ex jealous of your new replacement machine.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: