SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 05:37:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victor single door  (Read 13314 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 02:40:53 pm »

I really like the look of a newly zinced shelf or any metal part, but like some have said, it is still subject to scratching and sometimes oxidation.. I haven't played around with thickness, but may try next batch.. or I may try powder coating liner and shelves too.. we'll see.. that's half the fun too..

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 02:27:49 pm »

Sky was the limit.. Vendo 81, Poor restoration, insides real rough and all hammertone finish 8900!!

I just recieved a machine from a customer who bought it from that store several years ago.

Nice glossy paint.........but that is all! They called this a restoration?  darn

Here is what John was talking about:

Glen
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 04:22:19 pm »

I wonder what the inside of that cabinet is going to look like when you pull the liner out? I bet you find some pin holes after it is blasted. Well at least they are now going to get it restored the right way.

Hamer tone vs power coating? Now that's a tough one. I have got machines done in hamer tone and my most recent V-39 has it's liner and drum done in powder coat, and I have to say, I like the hamer tone paints better. That old metal just seems to create bubbles in the powder coat where the hamer tone can be laid down smooth.
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 05:45:39 pm »

If you guys are having problems with your powdercoat, Its not the powdercoat its who you are using. They are not prepping the metal correctly before it is applied and baked on. I just came from my powdercoater this week with some parts he just got back from a 2 week class on all the metals, cleaning, sandblasting, new methods, new products, temperatures etc. He has been in the business for 10 years and has not once had a complaint, or had to do warranty work. You guys need to shop around!

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 06:18:40 am »

It's all in the prep work regardless of the coating you use. I media blast everything before applying and I have never had a problem with Hammertone. I buy it in the gallon, cut it with a 20% reducer and it sprays out nicely. It's also very durable, I sprayed one of my vintage dirtbike frames with it and raced it in the national circuit this year, steam cleaned it after every race it still looks great. This stuff is tough!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:20:11 am by sodaworks » Logged

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 12:16:47 pm »

Sorry for the confusion guys! This machine was not even touched on the inside,
or it would have withstood the plugged up drain much better. The main door was never opened at the paint shop and the coin mech and all hardware were painted over.
       RC, you are right......lots of rust all around the beltline. Large holes through the
floor of the liner. Compressor was lucky to survive overheating because of all the lint.
       Just a terrible way to sell such a classic machine to an unsuspecting buyer.

Glen
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 01:00:22 pm »

I can't beleive that this machine was sold as restored...
Was the tape around the door liner part of their handy work too...

Glen, you are so right about foriegn tourists being ripped off... And once they are many
thousands of miles away with a huge lump of water inbetween there's no comeback...

90grad
Soda Jerks

Thanks to all our veterans for our freedom!

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 07:28:43 pm »

I wonder why the customer never looked on the inside to see all the crap? 

Wayne

Mid-Atlantic Chapter

Cavalier 51 (1953)
Cavalier Airline Cooler
7-Up Picnic Cooler
Vendo 110 (1957)
VMC 56 Bottle (1964)
VMC 56 Can
Westinghouse Master Water Bath Cooler
Westinghouse Standard Ice Cooler
Westinghouse WB-102 (1963)
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 08:03:19 pm »

I have seen some of the machines going through that store and as previously mentioned the quality isn't that good.

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 08:35:52 pm »

This is what I was talking about earlier in this post.. I was just in Vegas last month and they had an 81b, from 5 feet back it looked very nice.. nice and shine.. but up close the hand lettering was real crappy, coin mech not restored. and the inside was left untouched... just like this one... and they called this restored and it was ON SALE for 8900!!! the was the sale price, the original sticker said 10,500!!!  and this was just one example of what they had.. other machines, all done the same way... Too bad!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: