SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 03:56:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easter find  (Read 40512 times)
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2005, 10:06:32 am »

Wow.... wouldn't a $100 be a dream come true........
Still nothing.... weather here is going to be good till the weekend....
Hope they come out for a weekend visit...

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2005, 06:37:01 pm »

Good Luck Eric!
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2005, 09:05:46 pm »

Becasue I don't know and I'm just "a penny's worth", is the vedno 56 one of the (if not the) rarest vendo's?  I'm guessing because it is smaller than an 81?
Shawn
DanV
5 Cent Member

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2005, 09:21:36 pm »

It's very valuable, only made two years (58 and 59, I think)
slant shelf capable of dispensing virtually anything...
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2005, 10:40:54 pm »

V-56 RT is a good box. If you believe the date code mine was made in 57. Some question on the codes and years of build though. Anybody have any questions let me know and I'll try my best.
Creighton
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2005, 06:38:27 pm »

UPDATE:
 Well my mother-in-law seen the owner again today and this time stopped to talk... She told him the story of me seeing it
and about my birthday coming up and how it would make a great present.
He told her, that it belong to his son, he bought a few years
back to keep beer in but it stopped working... The son also has bought another home and he (the Father) would like to see him (the son) get it off the property. He said that he'd
talk to the son and get back to her.... Well the son showed up
and was cutting grass when she saw them and noticed they where talking... and looking her way.
So I ask her to get back over there tonight and try to finish
this.... Don't want the son dwelling/thinking/asking around
too long as he could find someone else he knows that's interested or something......

Will keep you all updated...... (If it was the fathers I'd have it but since it's the sons...... who knows......)

Well.... This is Eric the Machine Stalker  ':cool:'

signing off......

Later....

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2005, 07:11:20 pm »

Eric,
Crossed fingers here. At least the suspense (for all) will be over soon one way or the other. Best of luck.
Creighton
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2005, 07:22:01 pm »

I like the birthday present approach!
Hopefully he didn't pay a lot for it because he'll want to get all his money back out of it; however, having the machine in non-working condition could play a bargaining factor in the end...
Best of Luck Your Way!

My six cents,

Jim

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2005, 08:30:24 pm »

Yeah, totally holding my breath for you.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2005, 10:22:54 pm »

Well folks.... It doesn't look good.
She went over later and kind of repeated the story she told his dad.... He said well.... I bought it about 20 years ago to
keep beer in then the compressor went out. I've got a new place and I have a place for it there now... My mother-in-law then said well what do you think it's worth..
He says.... Well since it's not working aroud $300-$400 dollars... His dad pipes in and says I've seen good working ones in Branson for $1000.... He's then... “well .... no I think
I'll just keep it and get a new compressor.... I've had it this long.

SO.....I know now that $1000 is now in his mind and I know they'll be here through the weekend.

Hopefully... if they're still there ...

I'm going to drive over.... with my truck.... and act like I'm there to visit my in-laws (yeah right... who does that?)
Anyway... Then go over and tell him I heard she talked to him about the machine.... Ask if I could look at... Then... hopefully
we will and while doing so I'm going to comment.... about the condition.... what does he plan to do with it....etc. Not to cut it down... He knows I'm interested..... Then I'm ask/tell him
flat out I'm interested and what would it take to put it in my truck. And that's about all I can do....

I know I can't low ball him now... He wants it... I know it's worth about $2000-$2500 according to the few I've watched on eBay the past couple months. And this one is better
than those condition wise.
I'd pay a $1000 for it and since that's in his mind and he thought it was only worth $300-400 why not....
Any other ideas... I would love to hear.....

Thanks to all for the support... sorry this story had a unhappy ending....... But at least it shows you all there are still machines, odd, rare machines out there sitting waiting with people not having a clue....

We'll see... I won't give up till I HEAR.... It's not for sale!

Eric

Eric

WANTED:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: