SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 07:30:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Choice Vend CVC-224 Wiring Diagram  (Read 7983 times)
dpal
« on: March 30, 2008, 12:37:32 pm »

I have a Choice Vend CVC 224 that will not vend. The wiring diagram on the door is missing. The coin mech will make change and the crems are reacting after coin insertion. The selection switch has no effect and the correct change light is not on because the nickel tubes are full. The mech is the s759800 type and has worked in the past. The first relay is momentarily working; I think this is as it should. The second relay is not reacting. The selection relays are not reacting. If I hold down the first relay, the selection switch will allow me to run any vend motor for as long as I press the selection switch. While the vend motors are spinning, the second relay works itself as if the vend motor is trying to reset the system. The product inventory switches are bypassed for this test. There must be a second timing switch on the vend motors that will not let me initiate the selection process? I am wore out and cross eyed from tracking down the hundreds of wires on this machine. Any help will be appreciated but a wiring schematic is what I really need. Please email me a good quality picture of the original or a pdf would be great.
Thank You.
David
dpal99@yahoo.com
dpal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:08:55 pm »

OK, I found the problem. The relay contacts were dirty. I thought that was the first thing I checked. I used 1500 grit sand paper to clean then I sprayed contact cleaner on all and rechecked. I would love to have a diagram if anyone has one.
gibson901
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:51:04 am »

Which relays were dirty? The ones on the coin mech? I have a machine that is doing something similar. When I put 50cents in It will spit out a coke with out pushing a button, but only from the first slot. If I try it from any other slot the vendor relay will engage and buzz and not distribute.
dpal
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:20:15 pm »

I cleaned the 7 relays that are in the metal box that is scrwed to the inside door of my machine. I looked at the mech relay and it was reacting correctly.

The first thing I would check is the actual selection switch that goes to the 1st slot that is vending automatically. The selection switch may be stuck as if someone were pushing it always. I believe this would cause your symptoms. I would disconnect that switch by labeling and removing the wires. Remember this machine runs on 110 volts on every switch so be careful. You could also remove the inventory in that column or the inventory mechanical lever that actuates the inventory switch for that column. If the red light is on for that column, it should not vend automatically. If it does, I believe your relay contacts will be welded together on the #1 relay.

Let me know if this puts you on the right track. Also, the machine is set up to only vend one drink per 50 cents. How are you testing the other selection with buzzing? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: