SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 04:02:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vendo model vf192 free vend.  (Read 10521 times)
kdogg2530
« on: March 22, 2008, 10:45:50 pm »

I want to use it in my home and I don't know how to make it free vend.Its a 6 can dispenser. i tried flipping the switches off on the coin machine but that didn't work. the coin machine isnt even taking the coins. It dumps them into the return... help please..
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 11:29:14 pm »

Welcome Kdogg, This link will help you with your free vend
http://soda-machines.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,29/topic,871.0/

You need to go to radio shack or another electrical store and buy a momentary on pushbutton switch and some wire and then follow the directions from the link above. You need to unplug the coin mechanism and wire the switch to the plug that the coin mech plugged into. If you have any questions please post them.
kdogg2530
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 11:14:18 pm »

i followed the directions and it didn't work. so i opened up the box that holds the plug and tried it through the back. i touched the #1 wire to one of the wires that sits below the coin plug and it sparked then the louder motor stopped. the refrigerator motor sounds like its still running. that wire was attached to the back of the #1 wire so it should of worked.... now what should i do???

thanx,
           kyle
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 12:01:52 am »

Johnny is the electrical expert. Lets see what he has to say.
kdogg2530
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:11:25 am »

i hit the reset and unplugged and plugged it back in.... the motors back on... but no luck on the free vend switch still.. what do you think johnny???
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 06:12:44 pm »

i followed the directions and it didn't work. so i opened up the box that holds the plug and tried it through the back. i touched the #1 wire to one of the wires that sits below the coin plug and it sparked then the louder motor stopped. the refrigerator motor sounds like its still running. that wire was attached to the back of the #1 wire so it should of worked.... now what should i do???

thanx,
           kyle

Slow down there "sparky"!  blush

Now...you touch the # 1 socket wire (line voltage-hot) to which other one under the jones socket???  you need only to connect ( via a normally open push-button switch) from pin #1 to pin #2 on the female jones socket. if you are going at it from the underside of the jones female connector, then you best get your orientation correct as to which one is actually #3,

their should be no major sparking going on at all, sounds like you shorted the #1 pin ( which is line-voltage-hot) to a neutral somewere in there, ( I suspect that you shorted pins #1 & #2 and/or #5 together which would blown your circut breaker  for sure) by the way # 2 is line-neutral.

Remember the pin count goes 1-3-5-7 on the left side of the socket (looking down from the top into the female socket) & 2-4-6-8 on the right side.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:20:51 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 07:39:06 pm »

On another note - maybe the same -
UNPLUG the machine before doing electrical work!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: