SMC Discussion Areas
May 15, 2024, 01:48:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP_ on 81D  (Read 14506 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: November 11, 2009, 10:22:41 am »

I just received my mech from Tom on the 81D and of course it works GREAT.  But....  When the door is open everything works great,  and if I manually move the cup, everything works just fine - the gate releases and allows one bottle to be removed and everything resets .  But when I close the door, things do not want to work - the handle doesn't want to return like it should etc.   Everything is lining up fine, Is this a linkage problem - does it need to be adjusted hmmmmmmmmm...   help !

Bob
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 10:34:35 am »

Make sure that the T shaped linkage fits inside the two groves in the cup whe you close it,, you should be able to see this when closing the door slowley.. if not there are some adjustment screws to raise/lower the T bar linkage.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 10:45:54 am »

John,   Everything seems to fit just right - she slides right into the cup groove just like it should ...  Everything works fine - until I put them back together, then the handle will not spring back into place....   Hmmm.

Bob
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 10:59:55 am »

then the handle will not spring back into place....
This occurs after the vend cycle...?
As you rotate the slotted cup at the bottom of the vending rack, you may need to check the adjustment to ensure the crank handle is rotating this enough to release slotted cup so everything will return to a new vend cycle. This means the slotted cup spring needs to be present and have the correct tension, the adjustment bar, accessed from the square plate on the door liner, is set to rotate the slotted cup properly, and this has to occur when the coin mech's locking paw is in position to allow the crank handle to return to normal.
If the crank handle/linkage bar releases the bottle stack before the locking paw is at the end of the teeth, the handle will not return.
If everything seems properly align/adjusted, perhaps a little lubrication in the appropriate places may alleviate some of the friction between parts allowing everything to reset after the vend cycle...

Oh yea ! ! ! I hit 3K ! ! !
I am somebody...

My six cents,

Jim

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 11:25:47 am »

Also, you may have too much insulation inside the door.

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:35:29 am »

As Jim, said, and what Glen said too.. if you have reinsulated it there may be too much pushing on that bar causing it not to return, or the return spring is not tight enough...
it might be a series of adjustments, but just keep at it , you'll get it.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:58:43 am »

I believe it is a linkage adjustment.
If you look at the first two paragraphs of page 29 in the VMC-81 manual I uploaded to the site (available in the Downloads Section), it seems to relay Bob's issue to a 'T'.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 08:57:20 pm »

Yes, this occurs after the vending cycle - it releases the gate just fine, but the handle does not want to return.  I will mess with the linkage and try to adjust it....  The insulation is fine and it works great when the door is open.  The handle just doesn't want to reset or return to where it is suppose to be...   I will play with linkage adjustments.... Thanks

Bob
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 10:25:30 pm »

I was talking to Tom and he remembered Marvin having the same trouble, so I searched the records and found his post "Crank lever return on VMC 81 need help" and that is the identical problem I am having.  His post was two years ago and he solved it with an additional spring running from the mech shaft to the adjustment screws on the linkage arms.  So I now have a plan!!  Thanks

Bob
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 10:35:44 pm »

Oh yea ! ! ! I hit 3K ! ! !
I am somebody...

Is that a 'The Jerk' reference?

Hope it works out Bob!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: