SMC Discussion Areas
May 16, 2024, 11:43:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vf 56 square bottle to can  (Read 3766 times)
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« on: August 13, 2006, 04:01:41 pm »

I decided to use the can rack. After removing the bottle stack. Found several missing peices on the bottle stack. THus, allowing for free vend. But the one machine with the bottle stack and good compressor deck has 3 prong connector to the door. The other machine is 4 prong. So I can switch that out. But this leaves me with a Switch that seemed to do nothing. The leg is busted off in the can stack. I noticed the bottle stack has the leg and peices I can transplant. But still cannot see it doing anything. So do I need the switch?  Is the broken peg important? Even when I line the switch up in the bottle rack with the leg. It still seems to serve no purpose. I looked on the board and noticed other can racks with this swtich install on the vendo 56. The picture that somebody was kind enough to post for me has the switch and two wires but the wires are covering up what I assume is the peg sticking out.  Please fill me in.
As for parts. I'll be getting a list up shortly. I found more damage on one of the machine that is worth my time. Plus the missing bottle stacks parts. As before when I'm ready. I'll probably just give a list and ask somebody to pick up the whole left over mess.

Thanks,

ussexplorer
Skeleton Man
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 05:57:28 pm »

It might help if you could post some pictures, I'm sure someone here can assist you with it..
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 06:05:36 pm »

The can and bottle racks pictures for the square top Vendo and Vendolator VF 56 is plenty for that section. I could post a picture but with many VF 56 floating around both can and bottle racks. Somebody could tell me asap. I have seen picture on this board of machine that have and do not have the switch. Even one picture of a bottle rack with the switch.

Oh I traced the wire out. It just loops back around and gets pluged into the harness.

So two wiress from the compressor deck. I assume 110 volt into the plug. The rest just kinda circle back around in the big picture.

So if I cut the 2 wires from the compressor deck and splice the 4 pin conector in. Everything would connect up including the swtich to perform a task of what I have not a clue.

Later,  

ussexplorer
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 08:59:42 pm »

I dunno if you are just running 2x speed or what, but I am lost on what you are talking about. On a vendo st can or bottle stack, there are 2 wires that go to the solenoid. Thats all I've ever seen, and I have a few machines... I don't know any other wires to the stack..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 09:19:57 am »

Two wires to the vend solenoid. Then two additional wires to a switch. I noticed on pictures around the board. Most do not have the switch. Thus, assume most would only have a 3 prong connector to the door. Well more like a 6 prong. But I did notice a few with the switch and pictures on the board. Thus to the door is a 4 or 8 prong white plug. After looking around some more. I found several diagrams for the 3 prong connector. Thus, showing only 2 wires going to only the vend solenoid. I also noticed on my machine 2 wires was jumped / crossed. I'm going to look into it and play out a huntch I have. I think the switch on the stack next to the solenoid was not used and thus the peg being busted off or missing.

Later,

ussexplorer
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 10:40:04 am »

That switch was placed there to send a signal to a light in the door.
       When a coin was accepted, the solonoid would move a lever and depress the peg on the switch, reading "Have a Coke" to the user.  When the bottle was removed the lever would return ....and the light would go off.

Glen
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 11:08:20 am »

Interesting...

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
ussexplorer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 08:50:33 pm »

Can you provide a picture of the light? My correct change light is out and the only other lights I have is the sign light and a door light. I would like to put that back in if possible. since I have to change the harness to fit the door anyway.

Thanks,

ussexplorer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: