SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 02:56:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoner 180 pull knob stuck  (Read 17068 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »

So I took a closer look and when I moved the coin mech to the right the price bar released and the pull knob went back to it's normal position.   I then removed the coin mech (assume you are supposed to be able to do this without removing the vending stack as it did not come out easily) and found about eight quarters stuck in it!!  Remember I misspoke earlier as this is a mech that vends on 25.  Removed the quarters and replaced the coin mech.  Then closed the door and tried deposited a quarter in to get it to vend, but it won't and the quarter gets stuck.  So for now I have taken the coin mech back out so it will vend for free and will be looking at the coin mech.  I am not sure what is wrong with it as it always worked on a quarter before.  Posting a few pictures of it shortly.  I did not take them with the quarter stuck, but thought someone might recognize something wrong with it.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 09:18:56 pm »

picture 1#:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 09:20:24 pm »

picture #2:
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 09:50:42 pm »

no, the coin mech is off and the pull knob is not stuck anymore.    Then I removed the coin mech completely and everything is working on free vend.  Now I am just trying to figure out why the coin mech is not working. 
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 09:58:49 pm »

no, the coin mech is off and the pull knob is not stuck anymore.    Then I removed the coin mech completely and everything is working on free vend.  Now I am just trying to figure out why the coin mech is not working.  
Right, I responded, then looked up and read your previous post...  darn

If the mech is quarters only, it's been converted somewhere along the way. No problem.
Drop quarters in it and see where they stop. If they go through the rejector OK, then take that off ( the upper most unit) and keep looking by process of elimination. The slides can get dirty, or something gets sideways, or possibly bent and jammed the mech, thus jamming the handle. You're getting closer. If all else fails, have someone on this board rebuild the coin mech for you.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 10:04:36 pm »

Thanks, that will be my next step.  I will let you know what happens.   Thanks for the help.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 06:40:59 am »

Your coin mech does not appear to be modified for quarters...
Can you test it with nickels only, make sure the two "slide fingers" that engage with the pricing bar ends are returned to the right, the normal position. Make sure the "free vend lever" is pushed in for testing purposes!
Deposit one nickel and try to slide the lower "finger" to the left; if it will not slide, add another nickel and then try to slide the lower finger only. If it still won't slide to the left, add a third nickel and retest...
Last question: Look closely at your coin entry bezel and see if the coin slot has been modified/cut/enlarged to accept quarters; generally, these machines/coin mechs do not accept quarters...
Let us know with your results...  Then we can begin testing for dime + nickel testing...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:53:00 am by Jim » Logged

My six cents,

Jim

SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:39 am »

Thanks Jim.  I will follow that process to test the mech.  That is interesting about the mech not being modified for quarters though as the person I got it from said it was a quarter, the slot takes a quarter, the price on the product is a quarter (I know that is just paper) and it has always worked on a quarter.  Very strange.....  Thanks for all the help.   I will let you know what I find out.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 10:07:40 pm »

Jim, I "think" maybe I got this thing working.  I took another closer look at the coin mech and found about 5-6 quarters (could of been some dimes and nickles) jammed where the coins would leave the coin mech and drop into the coin box.  I was able to get a small screwdriver in there and dislodge them.  Then I followed your instructions and made sure the slide fingers were returned to the right and the free vend is pushed it.  No matter what combination of dimes and nickels including just one dime or one nickel or multiples of either the lower slide finger would not move left.  Then I used a quarter and every time the slide finger would move to the left.  I have to assume like I was told when I got this machine that this is a quarter only coin mech?  In fact only quarters and no combinations to get to twenty five cents work.  I did take a closer look at the coin bezel and as you thought there are some very small cuts that allow a quarter to go in the slot.  I have not returned the coin mech to the machine yet, but will try that in the next day or two.  Hopefully this is fixed, but if I need to be checking anything else please let me know.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 10:59:38 pm »

This a very good thread for us "new" stoner users.  We should pin this to top of the "Misc Coin Op" section?  Perhaps we change the title though...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: