SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:58:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Minit Pop U Pop It PopcornShop  (Read 27157 times)
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 03:37:34 pm »

Creighton, Thanks for your reply... I never looked at it that way... I will do the oil vat type .. Im very curious to see how the corn tastes..Not to mention ive never done an oil vat type before...only done the hotplate version...thanks again.. Brian...
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 03:40:12 pm »

If memory Serves correct, that machine I sold you was set up for Oil Vat.. it was just missing some parts, so you must be rebuilding the while interior?

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 03:48:53 pm »

Hey SIGNGUY,  The machine I got from you is an oil vat version... It is a diamond in the ruff but it had the main parts... Funny thing was I had all the parts to make it a complete machine... I even plug the machine in after I put the parts in and it ran through the cycles with no problems at all...Which was a bit of a shocker... I just sent off all the chrome parts the other day to get replated.. I still havent decided what color combo im doing on it yet though... I may have an older picture of it I will post here soon..  Thanks for your reply!!
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 04:13:34 pm »

jbrumett, the hotplate heating element is a bit more spendy to replace.. Its casted into aluminum plate.. much more time consuming .. also there is two heating elements in it... Theres a high and a low.. The low heat is used to maintain a temp of about 345-350.. When the machine goes into operation the high heat kicks in.. 395-400... Once it reaches that temp the machine begins to start..   So the price you are talking about is in the ball park of what it would cost to have it done... Walter in Florida is still making them... I have made a few myself...but im trying to refine my method.. thanks for your reply...Brian... 
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 05:10:42 pm »

jbrumett, the hotplate heating element is a bit more spendy to replace.. Its casted into aluminum plate.. much more time consuming .. also there is two heating elements in it... Theres a high and a low.. The low heat is used to maintain a temp of about 345-350.. When the machine goes into operation the high heat kicks in.. 395-400... Once it reaches that temp the machine begins to start..   So the price you are talking about is in the ball park of what it would cost to have it done... Walter in Florida is still making them... I have made a few myself...but im trying to refine my method.. thanks for your reply...Brian... 

Great info and Great to have you on this board as alot of us love the old vintage popcorn machines too .. goes hand in hand with an ice cold Coke/Pepsi out of one of our Soda Machines!
 happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 05:27:39 pm »

Popcorn and a cold beverage go hand in hand..  SIGNGUY the machine I got from you is the one on the left... These are old pics and are not that great... But all the machines pictured I have all the parts for!! I just pic one and restore it... I also have 3 more machines not pictured... Thanks for your post!!
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 05:51:56 pm »

I few i have done over the years

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 05:53:08 pm »

A couple more

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 07:05:14 pm »

Very Nice Matt.. I just find these machines very cool... Heres a couple pics of one of the ones ive done..
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:52 pm »

I have stated in other post, and I don't want to start a debate, that coconut oil is my favorite oil.  It is a very clean oil.  It doesn't gum up like the other oils that I have used.  I tried, corn oil, sunflower oil, vegetable oil, and coconut oil.  All of them were a pain to clean up because they will turn gummy when heated for a long time.  I clean my machine with a warm wash cloth.  It melts and removes the coconut oil effortlessly.  I used to use Goof Off on my paint to remove the oil.  never again.

Bad thing about the oil is that you have to preheat it to melt it for the pump.

Good thing is it doesn't spoil because oxygen cannot penetrate the solidified oil and ruin it.  I have used oil that were over five years old (in the container) and it was fine.  I also reheated oil for months without any spoilage.  Regular oil spoils after a month or two when it is reheated and opened to the atmosphere.

Hey Larry... I also have tried other oils...and always comeback to coconut oil... It has a excellent shelf life...Very clean as you stated... Ive tried others and what a mess that turned out to be...never again...  The best coconut oil ive used is a virgin coconut oil... exspensive but very good .. Have others on here used something different?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: