SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 05:16:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candy machine  (Read 22536 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2010, 12:25:18 am »

Ok kind of a crazy idea but I was thinking and I think it would be really neat if you could turn one of the larger versions of these machines into a fish tank. Get one with the metal framed globe and rebuild it like a fish tank then use the area at the bottom to hold the air pump and run the air hose somewhere. I think that might be kind of neat. I don't know maybe I should get some sleep.  tounge
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 12:57:20 am »

Well that would be cool, except suspect you would spend all the time you should be studying plugging leaks :-)
Creighton
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 07:27:36 am »

And wondering if the trusses will hold the weight.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 11:16:25 am »

I think buying a candy machine is a great idea but I think you should use it for what it was intended for instead of a fish tank. I have a 1 cent Victor topper and I gave a glass dome northwestern to my nephew and two silent salesmen to my Brother-in-Law. He loved my Nephews machine so much he wanted one or two for himself so I found two on a stand for him. I rigged all three of theirs for free vend for them. They use them everyday and love them. I still need to fill mine.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 11:49:19 am »

Whislt I am a big fan of gumballs its the wall hangers that really interest me...

This is the little old lady I bought back from my recent trip..

She works like a dream on clockwork...
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2010, 05:17:24 pm »

Yeah I bet it would be a pain to make it work as a fish tank and if I did decide to try to build one I would only use a machine that was no good. I could not destroy something like that if it works. I do plan on using one for its real purpose though. I want to set it up in my dorm and fill it up with M&Ms. I like having M&Ms but hate paying a dollar a bag a the vending machine downstairs so I think this would be perfect and it will be much quieter than a pepsi machine. I know my roommate loved the pepsi machine but hated how loud it was.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 05:29:40 pm by scalebowler » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2010, 05:21:01 pm »

Thats a really neat looking machine. What's that inside of it? Looks like a little guy in there.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 05:34:17 pm »

There is a mirror on the front, and that "guy" is the photographer DAVE.   

Just kidding!       biggrin    biggrin

Glen
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2010, 05:37:33 pm »

There is a mirror on the front, and that "guy" is the photographer DAVE.   

Just kidding!       biggrin    biggrin

LOL!
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2010, 07:34:16 pm »

Will one of these machines need to be mounted to a pole or something like that or will they do fine sitting on a counter?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: