SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:59:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duncan parking meter  (Read 47489 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 06:30:34 pm »

Got a time now. Going to stop by friday at 10. Hopefully we get done before I have to start class. Would be kind of strange carying a parking meter into class.  laugh
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:33:23 pm by scalebowler » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 01:35:46 pm »

Hey Creighton if we can't find a key tomorrow that will work I will let you know how we get it opened up.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 05:09:04 pm »

Great thanks for following up on this!!
Creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:29 am »

They really hooked me up today. First they tried the key they had and it did not work so they drilled the lock out and used a screw driver to pry the latch open and got it out. They next opened up the top and replaced the dome, then they gave me a coin cup, coin door latch, and the gave me the bracket to mount it to a pole. They even showed me how they have one mounted on a pole and on it is on a piece of wood and the guy is going to email me the contact information for the company who makes the poles for the meters in the city. Today was a pretty good day. biggrin
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 01:47:05 pm »

Thats great.. I couldn't imagine getting that kind of cooperation from any of our local towns..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 05:35:07 pm »

Yeah I was pretty surprised when the actually responded to me and I was really surprised when they said they could get me parts too. They were really nice and they wanted to help. They kept asking do you have one of these? and I would look and tell them no and they would say here you go. They were really nice and enjoyed working on it. They also could not believe how old it was. They kept saying look at this and finding things all over it. I think they had as much fun as I did they even were going to let me help install the dome but the other guy wanted to do it so I let him do it.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 08:29:12 pm »

Why is it that everytime you get something opened up one way you find a less destructive way to do it AFTER you get it open. http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dA8kucWQY-oJ:forums.signaltraffic.com/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D34%26t%3D2717+duncan+model+60+parking+meter+manual&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us Oh well if I did not get it open today then I would not have gotten it all fixed up. But this might help you out with your meter creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

My "New" parking meter
You can actually see what is inside

Outside (did not realize that the dial was reflective)

Insides

Mechanism (that little thing is pretty amazing to watch work)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:59:13 pm by scalebowler » Logged
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 07:01:48 am »

Please don't make a lamp out of it, because then I would have to kill you.
The pole you can get at an electrical store, or a good mom & pop hardware store.
I've seen people use a cool looking  outdoor umbrella base, there is  enough selection and the price is usually under $50. Or  some  pipe nad flanges, and mount it on the wall
Congrats, you have a cool find

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 11:15:37 am »

Wow I could not make this into a lamp. I just can't do something like that to something this cool also if I do ever make a lamp I am going to use one of the bowling pins I got from the bowling alley (they gave me 2 boxes of pins). At the shop I went to they showed me a meter they had on display where they took a 2" diameter pole with a flange on the bottom and screwed it to a piece of wood. The wood was big enough that it would not tip over and it was thin enough that it was not in the way. Looks like a pretty cheap and easy way to mount it on a pole.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:17:23 am by scalebowler » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: