SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 03:57:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duncan parking meter  (Read 47488 times)
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 09:04:42 am »

Thanks for the manual link Ken.

Ken,
How did you come across the Manual...?
I poked around Duncan Industries' web site but couldn't locate any other manuals from links provided...
Looks like you have to go to their legacy site.  When you go to their home page, click on the Legacy Duncan Industries Home Page link near the bottom before the page redirects you.  The manuals are under Support section

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
Hollywood80
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 02:56:50 pm »

Gosh, are these types of things worth much?  I have a Miller that I picked up a few years ago just for the heck of it.  Had the lock drilled by a locksmith, paid about $10 for the locksmith and about $20 for the machine.

Bob
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 06:49:31 pm »

I have a Duncan... would like to find a Miller one too someday... they seem to always be drilled/tapped and turned into a lamp around here? Oo
someday....

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 08:33:55 pm »

Is there another place that I can get the domes from? I had to stop using ebay after they started the paypal only thing. I do appreciate you finding the ebay listing for me. I did think about contacting the city to see if they had some but I am a little afraid that they will think I stole it and will try to do something.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 10:32:51 pm »

>but I am a little afraid that they will think I stole it and will try to do something
Same problem I ran into with mine. The City of San Fran. replaced all their parking meters with digital. I bought two old mechinical units from a guy that had hundreds of them. Lock smiths wouldn't help. Somebody on the this board provided a contact persn for keys but I never could get ahold of them. I tried drilling one but it didn't work. One works great and is on a pole in the driveway. The other is a mighty fine paperweight :-)
Creigthon
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 11:23:02 pm »

I am actually thinking of spending the day tomorrow seeing if I can pick the lock. Not sure how hard that would be but I don't have anything else to do so I might as well give it a shot. What exactly do the keys for these things look like anyway? I did a search on google but I did not find anything useful mostly pictures of parking meters or some really strange looking keys.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 11:25:30 pm by scalebowler » Logged
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 12:23:32 am »

They are strange looking keys. Nasty lock. Wish you best of luck on the lock picking. Will be interested in how that goes.
Creighton
dr galaga
Soda Jerks

Sorry, but it's a POP MACHINE!

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 12:53:54 am »

I ended up drilling the lock on mine.  down

Brent
--------------
Cavalier CS-80C
Vendo 63
--------------
The ultimate glass bottle soda site: www.GlassBottleSoda.org
My gameroom: Arcade80s.net
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 02:19:57 pm »

Well the coin door was allready unlocked so I took it appart to see how it worked. That is a nasty looking lock. You have to pull the tumblers tward the center on both sides. I tried pulling the tumblers out of the lock but those things are in there good. Anyone have any ideas how to take them out?
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 11:25:42 pm »

Ok I have given up on picking the lock. Everytime I get somewhere one of the tumblers snaps back and you have to start all over again. I am now going to try something different. I was thinking that I could make a "key" that will pull all the tumblers to where I need them. I am going to use the coin door lock as a guide because they are close if not the same lock.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: