SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 01:33:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendorlator coke machine - vfa56c-b  (Read 5993 times)
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:13:34 pm »

I picked this up at an antique store for $100. It isn't in great shape and my wife and I just like it for decoration. We've considered restoring it, but figure it'd costs a ton. Any recommendations and contacts? We are in NJ area.

It is a Coca-Cola Vendorlator Model # VFA56C-B.

Also would like to know value of machine.
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:10:42 pm »

Another NJ.. welcome to SMC! Its best to post a picture or 2 of the machine to get an idea of the condition. I have 2 of these right now. one CocaCola and one Royal Crown that I am currently doing myself. The machines are incredibly  easy to service and very reliable. All parts are readily available. I paid about $75 each I think. One working and being used daily, and the other in pieces..Cheesy

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
sodaworks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 10:54:36 am »

Welcome aboard wheedler123

TERRY@SODAWORKS RESTORATIONS
Lots of Round Top machines
Buy-Sell-Trade-Restorations
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 03:07:32 pm »

Hi Ya

I can't tell you what your machine is worth but what I can say is that there is pleasure in doing a machine up even if its not economically sound to do so. I know that won't sit happy with some here because they do it for a living. For me its all about bringing something back to life.

Kinda romantic. Yeap I'm definately in a romantic mood. Go on give it a paint job. Its only money....
aspbear1
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 05:11:40 pm »

Dave said it just right, it is all in what you want. $100 is not bad for a working square 56.  I have one that keeps pop and beer cold. There is no cold like R12 cold.  The guys up here that do this for a living are very good at what they do, but for me it is just having an old machine that I brought back to life from the 40's through the 60's.  It is just a fun hobby that you can take to whatever level you want. Enjoy the machine and get it to cooling drinks for you.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 07:56:27 am »

Hello

Here is what mine looked like.

I bought it here from Jasmine & sold it to a friend.  Parts are easy to find because the parts interchange with the Vendo-56.

Kevin

Sorry I posted the wrong picture on the top one. That is a Vedno 56 can model.

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
Gumbo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 10:27:29 pm »

Check out Be-Bop Joe's. He is not to far from you. He is outside of Washington D.C. (northern VA). He does a good job at restoring.

Anderson
bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:24:44 am »

Kevin.. That 56 looks sharp in all white. Is your kick panel a decal or is it punched out? My Nehi machine had decals to immitate louvers, but I can't find a replacement decal. It almost looks like I can remove the kick panel and replace with a vented one.... not really sure how to finish that part..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: