SMC Discussion Areas
May 17, 2024, 04:04:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 56  (Read 4320 times)
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« on: February 05, 2011, 04:47:16 pm »

Found this machine on CL. Anyone near springfield missouri that could look at it for me? Seems like a nice guy but pictures dont paint the whole picture. He wants $1500 for the 56, $1000 for the 27 and a $1000 for the seeburg 100 juke.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:04:35 pm »

I "might" be going to Springfield as soon as next week. Im usually up there twice a month buying. Its been listed on Craigslist for a few weeks now. Who owns the machine? Chances are I may know them.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:13:00 pm »

his name is larry and he used to work at coca cola back in the 70's. He said when the price of soda would go up, the stores would just swap out a whole new machine because it was cheaper. They would take the old machine to the dump because they didnt have any room to keep the old machines. Are you serious? I just about died when he said that. I wonder how many machines went to the scrap yard or got crushed. What a tragedy.

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 06:57:49 pm »

The 56 looks pretty good. Beltline rust is always an issue. Also is it complete? $1500 is not a bad deal for a solid 56.
The other two I don't know enough to comment.
No way to know the number of machines that went to the scrapyard. A bunch. If they all had survived current value wouldn't be much.
Creighton

SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 08:21:36 pm »

They would take the old machine to the dump because they didnt have any room to keep the old machines. Are you serious? I just about died when he said that. I wonder how many machines went to the scrap yard or got crushed. What a tragedy.

This was Common Practice back in the day.. the machines where outdated and at the time they werent' considered collectable.. I've heard many stories from my Grandfather and Father about Dump Days... how many machines, bottles, signs and other cool stuff just went to the dump.. but on the other hand.. it is what has made these such collectable items today too!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 10:08:01 pm »

Yes sad... theres a dump/landfill here filled with them... burried of course... but still went in to look around... nothing.  Found some old timers that took them there.... they where told if they wanted to keep one to get it out of the shop before the “Big Wigs” came in... one took a HUGE Cavalier to keep deer meat in the other guy kept a huge square top!!!!?Huh? Why not 81s or 44s - Hello?.... The money they would have made if they'd have put them in a barn.... Oh well! A few Churches also got free coolers and machines during the dumping... My church had a Coke 80 (long gone) and the Catholic church had a Westinghouse Master.... still have it.. it's clean and not for sale...

I'm 3 hours away from Springfield but the weather is horrible now...ice and snow

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:21:02 am »

Come on buy it. It is a great machine. Decent price but i would go a bit lower if you can. Besides we need more members in the "56" club!!

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:03 am »

The jukebox appears to have a wico conversion on it
oscar
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 04:15:30 pm »

Their is a nice big dent in the 27. You can see it real good in the picture with the juke box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: