SMC Discussion Areas
May 19, 2024, 03:47:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Basket case 81d comes home  (Read 11973 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 02:52:48 pm »

Was this some feeble attempt at bombing, or where they trying to scare of the enemy with Fizzy Soda and Loud music??  Anyone want to go on a Road Trip to NAM to find some relics??
I'm in!

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
firemun
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 04:24:21 pm »

Quote (halehouse @ Mar. 27 2006,1:33)
Depending on the route I take to my parents' house, there is one headed down Route 29 in VA

How far down 29?  I am headed up that way in a couple of weeks to teach a class.

jeff
MCarter
Soda Jerks

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2006, 04:24:31 pm »

Quote (firemun @ Mar. 25 2006,8:26)
I have a cav 51 that is pretty rusty around the bottom.  I have been thinking it was going to be too big of a job and I might just part it out.  In light of these pics, I will keep my near mint 51 to tinker with.

Good luck and I and anxious to see this one when it is done.

jeff

Bubba,

Brian B has a complete cabinet for sale i think.

Matt

Matt

RC VMC - 81 Orignal
Vendo V-56 Two Tone Round Top ~~ Currently in use
Seeburg 100 G Jukebox ~~ Restored
Minit Pop Popcorn Machine ~~ Restored
Cavalier 55-D ~~ Restored
Rockola 1426 ~~ Orignal--- For Sale
Chicago Coin Band Box ~~~ Restored
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2006, 05:39:43 pm »

Hey Jeff,

It is north of Madison, I want to say around Culpeper. It is right next to a VDOT "terminal".  I am going to look at a map to see if I can remember exactly where it was.  I know it when I drive it, know what I mean?  How far up 29 are you coming?

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
halehouse
Soda Jerks

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2006, 05:46:08 pm »

Last fall I was riding a train (one of those scenic raliways) with my wife and 4 year old son when I was looking out the window and saw just the tops of a bunch of machines in a backyard peeking out from behind a 6ft +/- privacy fence.  It was right next to the road and we were just leaving the town. That was in NW PA. Will have to check that again.

Vendo 63 Stylestar (Restored)
Glascock Standard
Cornelius 50 Slider (Restored)
aspbear1
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2006, 06:19:55 pm »

Joey, I have faith that the cabinet will once again shine.  Send me your mailing address in a PM, I want to send you something for the baby.....Also I traded for an Ideal 85 embossed Nesbitt so the juke box will have to wait but at least I have a new project...
firemun
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 06:24:48 pm »

Quote (halehouse @ Mar. 27 2006,5:39)
Hey Jeff,

It is north of Madison, I want to say around Culpeper. It is right next to a VDOT "terminal".  I am going to look at a map to see if I can remember exactly where it was.  I know it when I drive it, know what I mean?  How far up 29 are you coming?

Dan,
I sent you a pm.

jeff
coke_and_stuff
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2006, 08:37:16 pm »

Quote (MoonDawg @ Mar. 26 2006,1:14)
Patching rust through areas should not be too difficult, as always....the hardest part is starting the project, gets easier the better it looks.  I see the typical 81 rust through on the beltline in the rear,  but is that a rust hole in the top of the back panel? How would water collect there?      And any idea why it was nesessary for some dimwit to chisel a hole in your main door?   ':p'

i believe the hole in the coin door area is from a tractor fork, It has also been dropped real hard on the right side as its square at the bottom and goes in a good inch as you move up the machine. I'll get some better closeups of the rusted areas hopefully you guys can give me some ideas.

Joey

Collector of nice original paint machines

Vendo 81 B, C, D
VMC 81 Pepsi, 7up, RC, Generic
6CV Coke, RC, Pepsi
VMC 110 RC
Vendo 39
Jacobs 26
Mills 47
Selectivend 64 7up NOS
Plus 30-50 parts and project machines
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up