SMC Discussion Areas
May 10, 2024, 12:06:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 amp or 30amp  (Read 32149 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 11:15:51 am »

Do the outdoor outlets have a in-use cover or are they exposed?

Is the lamp rated for outdoor use? I know you probably can't answer that so I'll ask is it a regular household lamp?

Is the 7 up machine the Vendo 63? If not what is it?

Yep,,they do have covers and the table lamp on front entrance is not an outside lamp but is out of the weather. Yes,,,,it is a Vendo 63.

After finding I had a GFI, I plugged the machine back in and ran all day yesterday and through the night with no tripping. Yesterday I did pull the coin slot light socket,this is before plugging machine back in,,,, cut it off and put wire screws on ends. Drilled rivet to look inside socket and no signs of short there. Wire ends still have the wire screws on them.
Appreciate you guys joining in on this.
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 11:17:29 am »

I disagree!  biggrin biggrin  I can understand why you think this would cause a ground fault trip, but if it was how could he reset the breaker? oops

I heading off into another direction but need some more answers.

Thanks and what questions do you have ? I'll do the best I can with an answer.
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 11:20:22 am »

What's the weather been like.....  wet? biggrin
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 11:20:53 am »

What's the weather been like.....  wet? biggrin

Dry,,very dry.
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2013, 11:24:50 am »

OK,

Verify that the bathrooms recepts are on that circuit, also check the garage when you shut it down.
This is the way houses were wired when GFI first came out, 1 GFI controlling all the outside stuff and concrete floors.

Tell us how many fridges and freezers you have in the garage? I'm sure this GFI is controlling the garage too.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2013, 11:26:22 am »

Are you stating there are ONLY two receptacles/outlets on the GFI circuit...?
I find that odd... Are you sure the bathroom(s) and/or garage outlets are not on this circuit...?
Or even, as remote as it may seem, check any kitchen outlets that may be on this circuit!

I find it unusual the circuit remains energized for several days and then arbitrarily trips...
If there is a ground fault issue with the soda machine, the breaker would trip quickly, not wait a few days...
Any particular time of day this occurs...? Day or night...
If there is no other devices on this circuit and you are sure only the two receptacles are on the circuit, I would replace the GFI breaker. Thay have been know to go bad from time to time.  And the end of wasting time for you...

My six cents,

Jim

stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2013, 11:34:21 am »

Jim,
   His breaker was labeled bathrooms and outside, I told him to check the garage also, I'm sure it's on that circuit.
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2013, 11:40:14 am »

Jim,
   His breaker was labeled bathrooms and outside, I told him to check the garage also, I'm sure it's on that circuit.

Bathrooms are on same but nothing else other than the two outside receptacles with one on front having a lamp plugged in that is never turned on and on back,,,a radio and the Vendo 63. The times it's tripped have been at night. When I get up in the morning,,the breaker has tripped. Nothing plugged in bathroom receptacles other than when my wife plugs in her hairdryer but haven't made the connection with breaker tripping and her using it,,,will check.

Just plugged hair dryer in and ran,,no tripping.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:45:54 am by Rebel » Logged
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2013, 11:45:47 am »

OK!  That was going to be my next question, hair dryer use in the bathrooms but she would know if it tripped, so I pretty much rule out a overload.

I'll ask this again about in-use covers, does your cover have a door that the cord holds open, or is it the new one with a bubble cover you can close with a slot in the bottom for the cord to exit.
This pertains to both front and back recepts.
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2013, 11:47:18 am »

OK!  That was going to be my next question, hair dryer use in the bathrooms but she would know if it tripped, so I pretty much rule out a overload.

I'll ask this again about in-use covers, does your cover have a door that the cord holds open, or is it the new one with a bubble cover you can close with a slot in the bottom for the cord to exit.
This pertains to both front and back recepts.

They are the covers cord keeps open.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: