SMC Discussion Areas
May 03, 2024, 11:02:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freon charge  (Read 2740 times)
« on: October 08, 2005, 08:40:05 am »

I have been reading in this forum and have a question on freon charge.  The box I am working on has a tag that states 8.5 oz.  The box was worked on about 6 mths ago, but that company has closed, so I have been working on it now.  The first time I worked on it, the gauges read about 0 to 2 lbs on the low side.  I put R12 up to about 12 lbs on the guage and it cooled good for about a month or two, then it got warm again.  I put more R12 in it to about 16 lbs on the guage, it cooled very good over night and then it quit, the gauges read about 5 lbs.  All of the time I was working on it, the entire 2 months the small line would freeze up.  So I decided to pull a vaccume on it and start over.  I pulled it down to 30" and let it set 24 hours, and the gauge still had about 29" on it.    
I put Freeze 12 back in and after about 6 oz I was still reading a vacuum, so I put all of the 12oz can into it and still had some vacuum.  Should I still have a vaccume or pressure, this is the first coke box I have worked on if you could not tell.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 08:31:09 am »

Hello

It sounds like you have a restriction in the refrigeration system.  

I would recommend that you call Eric at global compressors. He one of the sponsors of the website.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print