SMC Discussion Areas
May 18, 2024, 02:14:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crank Handle won't return.  (Read 3551 times)
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« on: December 14, 2006, 10:52:44 am »

Okay Guys

need your help once again. Remember you need to spell it out nice and slow for me.

The crank handle on my 56 will not return. I ordered a new spring from Steve at Funtroincs and it arrived a while ago.

I am currently off work with the Flu and looking after two kids one with chicken pox and a virus the other just got over chicken pox but milking his virus. So not a good day to take apart a coin mech.

Never the less that is exactly what I did. I took apart the coin mech remving ALL those screws gaining access to that spring. I replaced it and managed after swearing at the dog to get it all back together again, with no leftover screws.

However, it still doesn't return. Can anyone throw some light on this little problem of mine. Iwas thinking that I might not have wound the spring tight enough but I've looked at the 39 and it seems just the same as the 56.

Dave
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 12:52:24 pm »

Dave,
You need to:
1. Make sure that the spring is connected to both the shaft and the mech housing.
2. When you wind the spring, the shaft needs to be rotated clockwise on a small door mech (large door straight sale actuator)about one full turn. The nickel and dime slots should be on top when you slip the back cover over the shaft. You have to hold the shaft to keep it from flipping back while you put the back plate on - you will be able to sort of rest it on the front cover, but don't trust it fully and keep pressure on the shaft.
I usually grease the spring - install it - then grab my hand over the front to hold the shaft in place - slip it down over the back cover - make sure the ratchet pin and dog shaft stick through the front cover and then install a screw on each side loosely. Then you can get the rest of it put together and tighten all screws.
It is hard to explain, but I hope it makes sense.
If you are still having problems, I'll break one down, take some pictures and detail them for you this weekend.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 01:10:38 pm »

Hi Tom

I'm going to print your instructions out and follow them step by step with the blasted thing infront of me.

Thanks

Dave
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 07:06:28 am »

Hi Tom

My internet is down so can't send E-mail. Just a very quick thank you. Took the coin mech to my father's house last night and we managed to get it working better than ever, due to your comprehensive instructions.

Dave
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 09:19:33 am »

That's great Dave!
Now before you put it back in the machine, put a little grease on the shaft teeth that the ratchet locks on. Easy to get to from the bottom when it is in the ready to vend mode.
We want to see more pictures and I'm glad you changed the 56 description in your signature.

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: