SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 05:20:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can anyone help?  (Read 10839 times)
bbrenneman

« on: October 19, 2013, 04:57:18 pm »

Hello there, I'm new to the boards and have a question, well a few:

First, does anyone know which coin mech this is? I purchased an Ideal 150 (I live in Canada) and cannot figure out which coin mech this is.  I have attached a couple of pics to help.

Second, can anyone tell if it's a nickel or dime mech?  If it's a dime mech, will it work with one dime or two nickels or just one dime?

Third,  other than the mech being filthy (I know it need a good cleaning), can anyone see any issues with it before I disassemble it? Things like missing parts or springs not in the right place, etc...  I want to make sure everything is in the right place before I take it apart for cleaning.

Thanks,

Boyd
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:20:26 pm by johnieG » Logged
SelVend 7 up
5 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 05:53:00 am »

Hello and welcome to the site.   There is a wealth of knowledge here.

I can't speak personally about your coin mech but you might wait before you disassemble.  I obtained the original service guide for my National Rejectors unit and the service guys were told to boil the mechs in water as opposed to taking them apart.

I was surprised, but it worked.

Chris
BeaYoung
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 06:31:02 am »

HI Boyd,

You may want to the check with "Collecture" on this site. Tom is the expert on coin mechs and has worked on a number of them for me. He offers complete restoration as well as repair.  B.
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 06:52:43 am »

With regard to cleaning.. Put it in the dishwasher if your wife lets you...
bbrenneman

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 10:03:26 am »

Hello and welcome to the site.   There is a wealth of knowledge here.

I can't speak personally about your coin mech but you might wait before you disassemble.  I obtained the original service guide for my National Rejectors unit and the service guys were told to boil the mechs in water as opposed to taking them apart.

I was surprised, but it worked.

Chris

Thanks Chiris, will do.  I wanted to see if I could find anything on it before I take it apart.
bbrenneman

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:32 am »

HI Boyd,

You may want to the check with "Collecture" on this site. Tom is the expert on coin mechs and has worked on a number of them for me. He offers complete restoration as well as repair.  B.

Thanks Beayoung, I will send him an e-mail and see what he says.
bbrenneman

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 10:06:35 am »

With regard to cleaning.. Put it in the dishwasher if your wife lets you...

Thanks Davethebirdman, it shouldn't be a problem if it's the best way to go as I fix and maintain the dishwasher anyway - lol.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 10:57:30 am »

Hey............. my last name is Boyd and I'm from Canada too.   Welcome.   happydrinkers

You have 2 items in question, the coin mech and the slug rejector. Your rejector only carries dimes so nickles will be recognized as slugs.

I understand why you want it cleaned, looks like it has been spray-lubed which is not good for a rejector as it will collect dirt too fast.

Once you have it clean, set it on a level surface, drop in a dime and  "follow the coin".

When it sticks, take out only the screws and part necessary to see what is blocking the coin path then re-install and follow the coin again.

Your pictures will help you determine original adjustments too.     If all else fails ....................I send mine to Tom. help

Glen
bbrenneman

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 11:21:24 am »

Hey............. my last name is Boyd and I'm from Canada too.   Welcome.   happydrinkers

You have 2 items in question, the coin mech and the slug rejector. Your rejector only carries dimes so nickles will be recognized as slugs.

I understand why you want it cleaned, looks like it has been spray-lubed which is not good for a rejector as it will collect dirt too fast.

Once you have it clean, set it on a level surface, drop in a dime and  "follow the coin".

When it sticks, take out only the screws and part necessary to see what is blocking the coin path then re-install and follow the coin again.

Your pictures will help you determine original adjustments too.     If all else fails ....................I send mine to Tom. help

Thanks Moondawg,

Yeak it looks like something was sprayed all over it.  So would this be a 10 cent mech or a 20 cent? The reason I ask is it looks like there are two slots for coins to drop into.  The coin mech case doesn't have a 10cent/20cent plate on it so I'm not sure which one it is (this will also help  me determine which plate to get for where you drop the coins in).

I have sent a PM to Tom (collecture) and am waiting to hear back.  I'm in no rush.  If it becomes too difficult, I will probably send it to Tom to do his magic.

Thanks again,

Boyd

Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 11:24:38 am »

Running it through the dishwasher does help; just remember, the decals may not always make the trip...

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: