SMC Discussion Areas
May 05, 2024, 06:39:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: questions on my Vari-Price 50  (Read 11838 times)
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« on: June 23, 2010, 12:00:48 pm »

OK the mech came in the mail, and if I take just the coin acceptor piece out, the coins flow through it fine.  However, when the coin acceptor is installed in the full assembly, the coins are rejected.  It appears that the paper clip-like tabs from the back part of the assy are pushing through the mech, and preventing the coins from dropping through into the catchers at the bottom.

If I pull out the coin acceptor piece from the top, I can see 2 groupings of switches in the back panel of the unit.  If I hit the top one with my finger, it will reject coins that I've manually placed in the bottom, and after doing it a few times, I'll hear where it's ready to vend a soda.

The assy is currently set for .30 from how I can tell the jumpers are arranged, but I haven't gotten it to vend for .30 yet.

Any thoughts or cleaning/adjustment tips would be greatly appreciated.  And I'm enjoying the learning process so, please refrain from any "just drop it in a box and mail to johnnieG"s for now please.  Smiley

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 12:14:35 pm »

I found this.  It is not much but it tells how to set it up for different prices. http://soda-machines.com/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=11&Itemid=61
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 01:25:49 pm »

I found this.  It is not much but it tells how to set it up for different prices. http://soda-machines.com/index2.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=11&Itemid=61

Thanks.  Yep, that I have- now I need the manual that tells you how to let the thing TAKE the money!  LOL

bubba
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 03:04:19 pm »

Do you have product in the machine? The machine most likely needs some amount of product or it won't accept money..

Ken

V-63 -Bottles
2-Cavalier USS-64
VMC ST56B Royal Crown - being built
Vendo HA56C Coke
2-V63C DP
V63C Coke
U-Select-It 5cent candybar machine
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 10:15:16 am »

Do you have product in the machine? The machine most likely needs some amount of product or it won't accept money..

Yes, all of the columns have sodas in them and are in the "load" position.

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2010, 01:42:34 pm »

Also do you have change in the tubes? most mechs need the change tubes to be somewhat full to accept money.
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 01:54:21 pm »

Also do you have change in the tubes? most mechs need the change tubes to be somewhat full to accept money.

I have change in them, but only a couple of coins in each.  Do they need to be filled up to the metal tabs found at the top of the tubes?

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:21:42 pm »

How many sodas do you have in each selection? I know I have to have about 3 or so in each section before it will vend. Also are any of the sold out lights on? I have heard of those switches getting stuck and tricking the machine into thinking something is not in there.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:25 pm »

I would fill the tubes at least half way. This may fix the problem. If that doesn't fix it I would check the switch that tells when the machine has product in it. The problem sounds like the machine thinks it is empty but as you said it is not. That switch may be bad. Don't take my word for this lets get more ideas but I would think you could eliminate the switch by just hard wiring it together since it is not in vending route use.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 06:32:23 pm »

It appears that the paper clip-like tabs from the back part of the assy are pushing through the mech, and preventing the coins from dropping through into the catchers at the bottom.

If you are referring to the C.R.E.M.s (coin return electro magnets) just tie them back or remove them then see if you still have problems.

Glen
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 07:00:20 pm »

How many sodas do you have in each selection? I know I have to have about 3 or so in each section before it will vend. Also are any of the sold out lights on? I have heard of those switches getting stuck and tricking the machine into thinking something is not in there.

Nope, no lights on. Only one column had more than 2-3 cans, so I'll keep trying.

I appreciate all the help guys.

vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 07:01:30 pm »

I would fill the tubes at least half way. This may fix the problem. If that doesn't fix it I would check the switch that tells when the machine has product in it. The problem sounds like the machine thinks it is empty but as you said it is not. That switch may be bad. Don't take my word for this lets get more ideas but I would think you could eliminate the switch by just hard wiring it together since it is not in vending route use.

I will try these suggestions as well.

scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2010, 07:08:21 pm »

you could even put a piece of tape over the sold out switch lever if you don't want to fill the machine up when you are testing it.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:32 pm »

It might help to state the model of your machine that the coinmech is installed in.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 10:05:14 pm »

I think he has it in a vendo 165.
vintagegamer
5 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 06:45:56 am »

I think he has it in a vendo 165.

Sorry about that, yep it's a Vendo 165. 

johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2010, 08:13:54 pm »

Now we know for sure, I went over the other postings & didn't see it mentioned.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: