SMC Discussion Areas
May 11, 2024, 10:20:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for one of these  (Read 3071 times)
vend_dr
25 Cent Member

« on: April 29, 2008, 07:48:51 pm »

Some of you may be aware of the fact that I am employeed by the vending machine manufacturer Automatic Products. Automatic Products first produced an all electric version of a cigarette machine called the Smokeshop in 1949. I would love to find an early version of this machine. If you have one of the machines pictured below available for sale I would love to hear from. I would prefer the one with the mirror but would consider the Lo-boy as it was called too.
Seven181
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 07:58:33 pm »

Check with Curtis at Memory Lane. Seems like he sees a ton of candy and cig machines.

Brian

Brian  happydrinkers
Ken Layton
5 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 10:40:41 pm »

OMG! The operator I used to work for had over 100 Automatic Products "Smokeshop" machines on the route of various vintages. We had "Satellites", "Centurys", and "Apollos" (including accumulator, System 635, and Mars changer versions).

Those are the best cigarette vending machines ever made. So reliable and easy to repair. I uncrated many brand new Apollo 850 machines over the years. They were a real pleasure to work on. I can't say enough good things about the Smokeshop series. Built the way a vending machine ought to be.

We had one Satellite model that had been in it's original gas station location since it was new. The machine was finally retired in 1992 when the location closed for a while. I peeled the slab of price labels off and found the first label was 25 cents a pack!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 10:44:14 pm by Ken Layton » Logged

Carbon Arc --- the light that's bright is the light that's right ---for film projection that is!
ducatihummer
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 09:03:30 am »

A few weeks ago I came across two on Craigslist. I can't remeber where they were, but I do remember them being cheap. One was light blue and I can't remember the other one maybe yellow or tan. I'll try and see if I can find it agian, but I know it was up for a long time. you may still be able to come across it...

Frank

Vendo 110 LD
Vendo 81D
Vendo 56
VMC 33
Vendo Changer, Early
Vendo Changer, Late

Stoner Theater w/Gum
Stoner JR w/Gum
Stoner 180 w/Gum
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print